Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any MY AWD Red/Black's getting VIN's?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dennisis

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2020
Tucson
Seems all the pic's I'm seeing show Blue's, MSM's, and some Whites(?) but no Red's yet? I have a Red/Black AWD w/ 20" induction wheels pre-ordered - filled in all the info, got the "Get Ready for Your Model Y Delivery" email, now just waiting...

Seems all the pic's I'm seeing show Blue's, MSM's, and some Whites(?) but no Red's yet? I have a Red/Black AWD w/ 20" induction wheels pre-ordered - filled in all the info, got the "Get Ready for Your Model Y Delivery" email, now just waiting...
i'm waiting for a white also. and that was the 'included' color but i guess lots of folks ordered blue anyway. i liked the blue but not especially with the chrome delete and induction wheels. and the red is just a shade off what i like (give me mazda red). i've been notified that i should get a car this month, but no VIN so far.

Reactions: Reborn
No updates for me aswell. Not even asked to fill any information

• Model Y
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability

I am waiting for a VIN as well, entered all data including financing almost 2 weeks ago, still just showing prepare for delivery:

• Model Y Performance
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • PUP
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability

I just got a call from Las Vegas. I have a LR AWD MY Red with Black Interior with FSD, and the 20 inch wheels. I ordered March 15, 2019, and own a Model 3 already. I filled in all my details on the website in late February 2020, including tradein, insurance, etc... They called today to confirm that all my details were correct on the website, that I wanted to pay cash, with a trade in, and to deliver as soon as possible. Once they confirmed that, they told me the next step is to assign a VIN, and that since the car is already built, it's just a matter of finding a match and assigning it to me. They also said that they're trying to get all orders filled by the end of the month. So despite my fears that I would not receive it soon due to the Fremont shut down, it appears that there is still a chance of getting it soon. I'm located in Washington state.

Reactions: Germam01
I just got a call from Las Vegas. I have a LR AWD MY Red with Black Interior with FSD, and the 20 inch wheels. I ordered March 15, 2019, and own a Model 3 already. I filled in all my details on the website in late February 2020, including tradein, insurance, etc... They called today to confirm that all my details were correct on the website, that I wanted to pay cash, with a trade in, and to deliver as soon as possible. Once they confirmed that, they told me the next step is to assign a VIN, and that since the car is already built, it's just a matter of finding a match and assigning it to me. They also said that they're trying to get all orders filled by the end of the month. So despite my fears that I would not receive it soon due to the Fremont shut down, it appears that there is still a chance of getting it soon. I'm located in Washington state.
Clarify? Since it's already built? Like you, I was told (earlier today when I emailed delivery center) I don't have a VIN assigned yet, but he didn't indicate it was already built, just wondering how they knew to tell you that...?

Clarify? Since it's already built? Like you, I was told (earlier today when I emailed delivery center) I don't have a VIN assigned yet, but he didn't indicate it was already built, just wondering how they knew to tell you that...?

So they called us, and said they just wanted to confirm that all the details we submitted were accurate. I didn't know if that meant our car was built, or if we potentially were still a month away from a VIN. So we asked what to expect for timings moving forward, and next steps, and she said "It should go pretty quickly now, because the car is built, it's just a matter of finding one to match to your purchase". So I believe they're working in batches, and once they're ready to assign a VIN, they either just do it, or they reach out first to confirm details. I should get the VIN in the next day or so, and then they'll reach out to schedule a delivery day. She said they'd offer around 3 dates as options, and that it should be before the end of the month.

So they called us, and said they just wanted to confirm that all the details we submitted were accurate. I didn't know if that meant our car was built, or if we potentially were still a month away from a VIN. So we asked what to expect for timings moving forward, and next steps, and she said "It should go pretty quickly now, because the car is built, it's just a matter of finding one to match to your purchase". So I believe they're working in batches, and once they're ready to assign a VIN, they either just do it, or they reach out first to confirm details. I should get the VIN in the next day or so, and then they'll reach out to schedule a delivery day. She said they'd offer around 3 dates as options, and that it should be before the end of the month.
Ahh, OK. Just hoping one is already built for me too!

lets know how the trade in goes seeing that they are doing contactless deliveries... hope you take delivery soon... It appears us MY-P in white are not going to make this round.... but congrats.

this is not my car.... but if someone wanted to see a red one...

Attachments

• C9BF145C-4C27-43C3-9AEC-E3886BEF50AD.jpeg
    C9BF145C-4C27-43C3-9AEC-E3886BEF50AD.jpeg
    490.4 KB · Views: 91
No VIN yet this morning for me. When I posted yesterday I was working, so I didn't do the best job of laying out the details, so I'll recap the full timeline here:

3/15/2019 - Pre-Ordered the Long Range AWD Red Model Y with Full Self Driving and premium wheels. (Which switched to 20 inch induction wheels when Tesla introduced those)
2/25/2020 - Received an email from Tesla telling me to prepare for delivery, and asked me to pick which dates between March 15 and March 30 that I would not be able to take delivery. I performed that step on that day.
2/29/2020 - Received a text telling me to enter me Delivery Location, Registration, Trade-In and Payment Method on the website. I entered in everything but Trade-In, which wasn't showing up. I texted back to let them know.
3/1/2020 - Received a follow up text telling me the issue with the Trade-In visibility had been fixed, and I entered everything I could.
3/2/2020 - Received another text asking me to upload my insurance information (which had not been available on 3/1). I uploaded it and texted them back to let them know. They said everything was all set, and now we just need to wait for the VIN.
3/20/2020 - Received the phone call asking to confirm that everything I entered on the site was accurate, and that's when they said it should all be coming together shortly, and to expect delivery before March 30th.

Hopefully that helps clarify my timeline, and I'll update it again when the VIN is actually assigned, and when the delivery date is actually specified.

No VIN yet this morning for me. When I posted yesterday I was working, so I didn't do the best job of laying out the details, so I'll recap the full timeline here:

3/15/2019 - Pre-Ordered the Long Range AWD Red Model Y with Full Self Driving and premium wheels. (Which switched to 20 inch induction wheels when Tesla introduced those)
2/25/2020 - Received an email from Tesla telling me to prepare for delivery, and asked me to pick which dates between March 15 and March 30 that I would not be able to take delivery. I performed that step on that day.
2/29/2020 - Received a text telling me to enter me Delivery Location, Registration, Trade-In and Payment Method on the website. I entered in everything but Trade-In, which wasn't showing up. I texted back to let them know.
3/1/2020 - Received a follow up text telling me the issue with the Trade-In visibility had been fixed, and I entered everything I could.
3/2/2020 - Received another text asking me to upload my insurance information (which had not been available on 3/1). I uploaded it and texted them back to let them know. They said everything was all set, and now we just need to wait for the VIN.
3/20/2020 - Received the phone call asking to confirm that everything I entered on the site was accurate, and that's when they said it should all be coming together shortly, and to expect delivery before March 30th.

Hopefully that helps clarify my timeline, and I'll update it again when the VIN is actually assigned, and when the delivery date is actually specified.
3/24/2020 2:44pm PST - The website just updated to allow me to make a final payment, and my VIN showed up in the 'view source' in chrome. I have not received an email or text from Tesla yet, just the page updated.

I just got MVPA and a call from delivery agent. Red Performance, FSD, 21" Uber Wheels, Black interior. San Diego. VIN 3XXX.
Called to confirm cash / no-trade in. Said to expect text in few days. I only saw MVPA when I checked account after call.