Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any other Model S having issues with network connectivity/streaming audio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
My car is a 2015 Model S P85D. I paid to upgrade from 3G to LTE several years ago. But I still have the original MCU.

I continually have trouble with LTE connectivity and streaming audio. I think that there are two issues - (1) the handoff from Wifi to LTE when I leave home, and (2) random LTE connectivity problems. My car often only has one or two bars in what should be good coverage locations. I will see it drop down from LTE to 3G and then have no connection. This happens on a very regular basis, and seems to have gotten worse in the past year or two.

There is also a third, more minor problem. When using a Bluetooth connection to my phone for audio about 90% of the time the album art does not come across from the phone. It works, but only very occasionally.

I am not sure, but I am guessing that being in Canada is one reason for these issues due to having a different cell carrier than in the US.

Anyone else see these issues?

I'm having the same issues specially when using TuneIn radio , and yes leaving the garage from wifi to LTE it loses connection for a minute then its good. I also notice in my area there is a certain intersection where all of a sudden its a dead zone for signal

Reactions: Soul Surfer