Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bluetooth Audio - No Sound Bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model S owner user since 2019, never had any Bluetooth issues. Before and after the recent software update, I started experiencing an issue where my Bluetooth was connected to my phone but audio is not playing. OTHER audio from car works, but not Bluetooth.

I tried all the usual steps like hard software reset, disconnecting and reconnecting Bluetooth, using a different phone etc. It occasionally will work and play like normal a day later, but this bug happens every few days where there’s no audio that will play via Bluetooth.

Anyone else experiencing this? I can confirm sound is on and unmuted etc, as an experienced Tesla user it doesn’t appear to be anything obvious causing this..

There are two settings for the Tesla Bluetooth connection on your phone. When you are connected, check the Bluetooth connection settings on your phone and check to enable Audio. It likely just has Phone settings.
It doesn’t have to do with the phone settings. We tested using different phones and Bluetooth audio from phone to other devices works fine.

I assume Apple is similar:
1708467022253.png

I have 30 years experience in network communications, and I have never dealt with anyone as ignorant and ill mannered as you, implying I am trolling and that I do not know what I am talking about. I am asking the rest of this community to ignore your post. You are offensive and undeserving of help. If I were a moderator, I would time you out for a month.

I have 30 years experience in network communications, and I have never dealt with anyone as ignorant and ill mannered as you, implying I am trolling and that I do not know what I am talking about. I am asking the rest of this community to ignore your post. You are offensive and undeserving of help. If I were a moderator, I would time you out for a month.
Don’t you have anything better to do? You understand that your solution is an Android phone setting, which is not a setting that is available on iOS devices? I also told you in this initial post that we tried 2 different phones and neither worked, so I doubt it’s a phone setting.

When I asked you for clarification, you posted a screenshot of an Android setting and continued to insist that iOS has a similar setting without providing any evidence or help to locate that setting (which doesn’t exist by the way).

When I told you that your solution is not helpful because I tested two phones and neither worked, and the setting you provided is only available on Android, you attacked my character and continued to go on about how your solution is correct.

I do not want your help. Your solution does not work. You are wasting my time and everyone else’s time who reads this. Again, I kindly ask you to stop trolling on my thread which is an actual bug that I’m trying to solve.

@DerbyDave was being helpful. This is not considered trolling a thread. Suggesting a solution that likely has a correlation with iOS is not "trolling." I agree that you should consider your tone when participating here.

Regarding your issue, I've had similar issues in the past with all of my Teslas. I only have iOS devices and I've had success removing the Tesla from the Bluetooth settings on my iOS device AND removing the phone from the Tesla's Bluetooth settings, then repairing. Perhaps trying that will be helpful.

@DerbyDave was being helpful. This is not considered trolling a thread. Suggesting a solution that likely has a correlation with iOS is not "trolling." I agree that you should consider your tone when participating here.

Regarding your issue, I've had similar issues in the past with all of my Teslas. I only have iOS devices and I've had success removing the Tesla from the Bluetooth settings on my iOS device AND removing the phone from the Tesla's Bluetooth settings, then repairing. Perhaps trying that will be helpful.

Thank you for your suggestion, I will try that.

Regarding trolling, you are saying this is acceptable behavior on this forum?

1) “Sorry you are beyond help and rude. You should stop asking.”

2) “I am asking the rest of this community to ignore your post. You are offensive and undeserving of help.”

Good to know that a user can insult someone on here, reply with the same incorrect solution SIX times (without adding any additional information) and it’s not considered trolling?

Regarding trolling, you are saying this is acceptable behavior on this forum?
Responses were courteous and helpful and you decided to say this first:

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about unless you show me a screenshot of this iOS setting.
Perhaps read the thread from start to finish, and it'll make more sense.

I have this exact same problem, and i'm using an iOS... bluetooth is connected fine, i tried re-pairing but still no luck... has this been identified as a genuine bug? I just took delivery of my model Y last month and updated to latest software version (in europe).

I have this exact same problem, and i'm using an iOS... bluetooth is connected fine, i tried re-pairing but still no luck... has this been identified as a genuine bug? I just took delivery of my model Y last month and updated to latest software version (in europe).
The only thing that worked for me is exiting the car for 5 minutes and coming back. I’ve tried unpairing, turning on/off Bluetooth, using other phones etc and nothing works. Mine doesn’t happen super often only about once every other week or so.