Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

any regrets on cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What Minivan is that? Here in the US there aren't many AWD minivans but the Toyota Sienna is one of them. It looks like in Canada the Sienna AWD with 7 seats starts at $37,790 CDN. I don't disagree that Model X is worth it, but it seems like you may have skewed your math to favor the Tesla.

This is what I got when I looked for something of similar caliber to the Model X here in NL. There has been a slight variation in price since I finalized my options on the X (when I last made my comparison calculations) likely due to the a exchange rate.

There's a reason why so many used vehicles for the US end up here in Canada.

Jon

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1 MB · Views: 67
Before our X, the most we've spent on any vehicle we've every owned was $49K. At the time we felt that was a stretch. I agree with all the previous statements. Dropping this amount of cash on a vehicle financially does not make sense for us folks financially south of Bill Gates. In all practicality, we saved for years in anticipation of purchasing this vehicle. We believed in it and understood why we wanted it. We knew well ahead what the financial impact was and baked it in years in advance. The day of signing and check handover, there was no shock or remorse. At that point, it was only excitement and pure personal joy and satisfaction. To this day, we have no regrets and truly do enjoy the X. My wife and I discuss this topic from time and time and honestly say not only is there no other vehicle on the market that we would spend this type of cash on, but more importantly we don't know what else we would even consider buying anymore besides Tesla.

Before our X, the most we've spent on any vehicle we've every owned was $49K. At the time we felt that was a stretch. I agree with all the previous statements. Dropping this amount of cash on a vehicle financially does not make sense for us folks financially south of Bill Gates. In all practicality, we saved for years in anticipation of purchasing this vehicle. We believed in it and understood why we wanted it. We knew well ahead what the financial impact was and baked it in years in advance. The day of signing and check handover, there was no shock or remorse. At that point, it was only excitement and pure personal joy and satisfaction. To this day, we have no regrets and truly do enjoy the X. My wife and I discuss this topic from time and time and honestly say not only is there no other vehicle on the market that we would spend this type of cash on, but more importantly we don't know what else we would even consider buying anymore besides Tesla.
Exactly what I would have posted. I decided it will be my last car (except maybe the Model 3 which would replace the ICE Lexus as a 2nd car).