Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any SEA/PDX area detail shops that will pick up your Tesla for you at delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, is it even possible to give authority to have a detail shop or someone pick up your Tesla delivery and do an inspection/take it right to their shop?

Second, anyone have a good recommended shop that will do that service for no additional charge or for a minimal extra charge? It would at least be full front PPF and probably front and side window tint on a Model Y, but possibly full PPF on the car...

Preference to shops that get good recommendations AND will include some paint correction in the PPF cost, I prefer Xpel PPF but I'm not sure if the brand is that huge of a deal for me...

I guess same question but shops in the Portland area...

I'm on the eastern side of WA and it seems like a huge pain to go pick up the car, drive it to a shop, drop it off for a week and fly home, then fly back to pick it up, and drive home...

Locally my shop did a pretty good job... but they didn't offer or do any paint correction (and in fact when I asked they claimed it had been years since they had done any but they could dig up a quote for me, I declined...) and the tint job was pretty spot on, but there are a few areas that I think have a little lint under it and it bugs me every time I clean the windows (otherwise thankfully I can't notice it).

First, is it even possible to give authority to have a detail shop or someone pick up your Tesla delivery and do an inspection/take it right to their shop?

Second, anyone have a good recommended shop that will do that service for no additional charge or for a minimal extra charge? It would at least be full front PPF and probably front and side window tint on a Model Y, but possibly full PPF on the car...

Preference to shops that get good recommendations AND will include some paint correction in the PPF cost, I prefer Xpel PPF but I'm not sure if the brand is that huge of a deal for me...

I guess same question but shops in the Portland area...

I'm on the eastern side of WA and it seems like a huge pain to go pick up the car, drive it to a shop, drop it off for a week and fly home, then fly back to pick it up, and drive home...

Locally my shop did a pretty good job... but they didn't offer or do any paint correction (and in fact when I asked they claimed it had been years since they had done any but they could dig up a quote for me, I declined...) and the tint job was pretty spot on, but there are a few areas that I think have a little lint under it and it bugs me every time I clean the windows (otherwise thankfully I can't notice it).

I bought a new inventory X from Miami. I had a buddy there pick it up. Then I shipped it here. It wasn’t a problem.

On question #2, I would recommend 503 Motoring in the Tigard Area. They did a full Xpel wrap for me in 2017. And a repair bumper when a deer crossed my path in late 2018. Super job. Keeps their word on scheduling. They are well known with the Tesla body shops. Probably not the lowest price you may find --- that said, you'll be happy with the results.

If one needed to have a shop sign for a new Tesla...and it was my car, I would trust 503 Motoring to do the job.

-TechVP

On question #2, I would recommend 503 Motoring in the Tigard Area. They did a full Xpel wrap for me in 2017. And a repair bumper when a deer crossed my path in late 2018. Super job. Keeps their word on scheduling. They are well known with the Tesla body shops. Probably not the lowest price you may find --- that said, you'll be happy with the results.

If one needed to have a shop sign for a new Tesla...and it was my car, I would trust 503 Motoring to do the job.

-TechVP

Do you recall what you paid for your full PPF?

Yes I can help you with this; it’s a service I commonly provide my clients.
I will do your new car inspection and provide a report of my findings and recommendations. We would have a discussion prior to determine what flaws would be worthy of rejecting the vehicle. (However, it’s always smoother if you’re present during the initial inspection with me at the dealership.)
Assuming the vehicle is approved by you, then I coordinate any paint correction, Xpel PPF, and Opti-Coat Pro Plus ceramic coating you want.
Once completed you can come pick it up or have me deliver it to you. Although from Beaverton, Oregon to eastern Washington would require a charge of course.
You can contact me during business hours at 503 641-3285 to discuss further.
More info about me and my business at www.freshstartdetail.com

Congrats on the new Y! What color did you choose?

Do you recall what you paid for your full PPF?

i recall a full Xpel wrap on my Model X bring approx $5500. For that price I also had the two front piano black seat backs wrapped, a BlackVue Dashcam and a few other misc things done.
A couple years ago, 503 Motoring told me that today’s price would be much higher, and that I got a good deal. As for the quality of the wrap and how it’s lasted over 3 yrs, very satisfied. Numerous cars have tried to door ding my X. Most just rub out.
As for washing, its the best. Don’t have to even think about it. Can’t scratch the paint, because it’s untouchable.
-TechVP.

-TechVP
503 Motoring did all 3 of my cars. They were about a third less than the quotes I got from the Seattle/Kirkland shops.