Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any shortcuts to get a Smart Meter installed - Octopus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I have been requesting a smart meter install for the last 3 months via Octopus (current energy supplier) but keep getting told their are no appointments in my area. I find it hard to believe their are no engineers fitting them in Norfolk/Suffolk.

Any tips to try and force their hand and install one?

Thanks

You could try calling them if you haven't already...that worked for me after waiting/ emailing for nearly 6 months.. they sent me a link to book the appointment straight away and the meter was installed the following week.

I did it through email exchanges with an Octops CS and managed to get an appointment for 1 month later afterwards. Around our area at least (we’re in Kent), they subcontract the work and as I was chatting with the engineer, he said that Octopus doesn’t enforce a high pressure work environment. He could do two jobs and he is done for the day. Previously with other providers, he would have had to do 4 jobs per day.

Hi, I have been requesting a smart meter install for the last 3 months via Octopus (current energy supplier) but keep getting told their are no appointments in my area. I find it hard to believe their are no engineers fitting them in Norfolk/Suffolk.

Any tips to try and force their hand and install one?

Thanks
Do you have an old Smart meter you’re hoping to upgrade, or is this going to be your first Smart meter?

I had a battle getting my old smart meter upgraded to one I could get Go on. My overall thoughts are the customer service depends who you speak to. In the end I got a really helpful young lady, after several duffers.

Good luck as it’s a proper lottery.

Did you try emailing [email protected] ? He's the CEO and certainly a couple of years ago he used to intervene with extreme problems. He has some sort of PA that makes it go to the right team and it fixed the delays I had.
It worked! Many thanks, I emailed "Greg" and got a response from a senior leadership person, and 10 mins later a call from the Smartmeter engineers to book an appointment next month.

Much appreciated with your help.