Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody got a front lip installed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No issues. Took it on a road trip to Canada and back. Had it for over a year now. Not change in battery efficiency.

Attachments

• 59687DC2-2FD2-4EAC-8E92-F1DD8930FDFD.jpeg
    59687DC2-2FD2-4EAC-8E92-F1DD8930FDFD.jpeg
    757.5 KB · Views: 832
Here is mine. Fitment was solid. Actually surprised at how well it fit.
I ordered mine after seeing how good it looked from your photos! I've yet to install it because I'm afraid of doing it poorly. May I ask how you installed yours? I've seen a YT video where they enlarged the holes and then drilled the lip into the car somehow. Not sure how exactly, but that seemed like a great way to secure the lip and not having it randomly fall off on the highway.

I ordered mine after seeing how good it looked from your photos! I've yet to install it because I'm afraid of doing it poorly. May I ask how you installed yours? I've seen a YT video where they enlarged the holes and then drilled the lip into the car somehow. Not sure how exactly, but that seemed like a great way to secure the lip and not having it randomly fall off on the highway.

Installing the lip is pretty easy. They're flexible to a point, so if you jack up the front end a little bit to have more clearance underneath to use a drill & screwdriver bit under the car, then you can easily install the lip by yourself . It helps to have another person with you to hold the lip, or to at least put the lip up against the bumper to make sure it fits before you start installing it. Otherwise, you can let the lip lay on the ground while you hold one end against the bumper and line it up, then put a tapping screw in to hold it. Then do the same to the other side, line it up and put in a tapping screw, and then do the same to the middle of the bumper. From there, you just install the rest of the screws and you're done in less than 10 minutes.

I don't recommend enlarging the holes as you're just weakening the lip by removing extra material from it. Instead, use some bigger washers on the tapping screws so that has more surface area to hold the lip onto the bumper. Getting a bag of washers from Home Depot is like $1 and well worth the investment (get the black colored washers instead of the silver ones so it doesn't stand out). My 3-piece lip is on my car really secure that it won't flex or come off unless I hit something hard with it.

I enlarged the holes slightly with a drill bit and purchased bigger push-clips that fit (similar to ones used on mudflap install). They fit in the OEM mounting points so no self tapping screws. I used a ton of 3m double sided tape. You can literally grab it and pull it with your weight and it won't budge. I prefer this method over self tapping screws.

Last edited:
I enlarged the holes slightly with a drill bit and purchased bigger push-clips that fit (similar to ones used on mudflap install). They fit in the OEM mounting points so no self tapping screws. I used a ton of 3m double sided tape. You can literally grab it and pull it with your weight and it won't budge. I prefer this method over self tapping screws.
Thanks! Do you have a link to the push clips that you purchased?

Actually bought an assortment set on Amazon and had to test multiple ones for best fit.

HTOMT 675 PCS Car Push Retainer... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085Q2X98G?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Got the assorted clips and finally got the spoiler! I tested the fit but was surprised at how difficult it was to place onto the front bumper. In fact, it was so tight that when I clipped the lip onto one side as a test, I wasn't able to clip it onto the opposite side. Did yours do the same? I'm just concerned that it's too short.

I bought this lip from Amazon since they had a $20 off coupon, so it was $119. Decided to leave it gloss black and the install took less than 10 minutes.

Pretty easy to install the lip by yourself as you can do screw in one side at a time and just let the lip hang down (don't jack up the car too high). Just line up one side and put a screw in to hold it, then go to the other side and line it up and put a screw in, then do the same in the middle. From there, it's just matter of screwing in the rest of the tapping screws.

It looks pretty clean and subtle, and we'll see how long it'll last until my wife parks the car too close to the curb :p

TMY1.jpg

Front-Lip1.jpg

Can you please share the link to the lip spoiler on amazon? been looking for a while for this style!

So to those that have the rpm tesla lip. Does it scrape it all I have a rolled curb driveway and I’m on Eibach springs. It does not scrape now. What about speed bumps. It’s on sale for the 4th and may want to pick one up. Thanks in advance.