Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone apply the 2022.8.10.5 update yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, please see my above response in the thread.
I also want to say this is very specific to routes that are within the battery capacity ranges. If I were to choose something longer, it does consider the charging stops.. Its definitely a bug, which might have been introduced to speed up routing to ignore super charger stops at certain battery levels/conditions/distance that has to led to this issue.

I also want to say this is very specific to routes that are within the battery capacity ranges. If I were to choose something longer, it does consider the charging stops.. Its definitely a bug, which might have been introduced to speed up routing to ignore super charger stops at certain battery levels/conditions/distance that has to led to this issue.

I'm not sure this comment provides any value, but I have never had a warm fuzzy feeling about the in-car trip-planner from the time it was introduced (2016?). There's always been reports of various weird bugs like this, and while it's probably gotten better, I've never felt like I could actually trust it to do the right thing. Also there's no way that the trip planner would know my preferences for when and where to stop. So my normal road-trip procedure is to turn off the trip planner in the car preferences, plan out charging stops in advance, and navigate to each successive charging stop directly.

Bruce.

I'm not sure this comment provides any value, but I have never had a warm fuzzy feeling about the in-car trip-planner from the time it was introduced (2016?). There's always been reports of various weird bugs like this, and while it's probably gotten better, I've never felt like I could actually trust it to do the right thing. Also there's no way that the trip planner would know my preferences for when and where to stop. So my normal road-trip procedure is to turn off the trip planner in the car preferences, plan out charging stops in advance, and navigate to each successive charging stop directly.

Bruce.
True Bruce, Whether this provides value for someone or not depends on their experience with the product. what I have documented is what I observed during this issue.

Has anyone in the US been able to get into service mode in 2022.8.10.5? I read a few people with newer software have been able to do a slimmed down version of service mode, outside of the service centers.
I saw someone suggest pressing down the brake while going to Software > press and hold the model info > and type in the code service. I'm not sure if it has worked for anyone, but not me.
Any other suggestions are welcome. I have a 2016 model s that needs to be put into service mode

I saw someone suggest pressing down the brake while going to Software > press and hold the model info > and type in the code service. I'm not sure if it has worked for anyone, but not me.
Any other suggestions are welcome. I have a 2016 model s that needs to be put into service mode
Being in california, you shouldn't have to drive more than a couple blocks to any service center to get into service mode.

The OP ask how or what do you have to do to be able to enter the service mode. If you know how then post for him the steps that he needs to do in order to get into the service mood then please post it for him. I'm sure there are others that would like to know the process.

The OP ask how or what do you have to do to be able to enter the service mode. If you know how then post for him the steps that he needs to do in order to get into the service mood then please post it for him. I'm sure there are others that would like to know the process.
No, the OP asked for the release notes for firmware 2022.8.10.5.

If someone wants to know the steps to enter service mode why not read it in the service manual?
https://service.tesla.com/docs/Mode...UID-0DC534D7-A4B8-417F-8E42-DF1560E970C2.html
I don't know if it works or not in every particular vehicle, I haven't tried myself, but I do know my car is in service mode right now at the service centre (on 2022.8.10.5)

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 7.07.21 PM.png

Reactions: dbldwn02

Bruce.
I'd say there's value in the view you're willing to share. It speaks to how any future updates can change how we've become accustomed to the ways of the previous feature. Over the years I've noticed the onboard trip planner to become more reliable with estimated arrival times and %SOC, but I've also noticed that the recommended Supercharger sites don't always get me to the furthest SuC Site with a reasonably low %SOC. Instead it might send me to a Supercharger site that is 3 sites/40miles closer. My assumption is that perhaps the further sites have a higher proportion of usage, but that's not the case on the Nav screen. The further sites will still show <50% utilization.

So it's my practice to pre-plan my trip with ABRP and confirm that I can make it to the furthest Supercharger through the onboard trip planner and manually plot out my Supercharging stops. I do this because our old S85 takes a lot longer to Supercharge above 60% ever since the June 2019 software update so I've become much more strategic in trying to save time.

I did this write up...back in February...