Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought Replica r241 19x9.5 for their new Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my R241s a couple of days ago, agreed they're nice and the price is right. Also did 35 offset. Shout out to PMC Tire who I've used for a set of R187s on my Model 3 a couple of years ago and now the 241s for my Y. PMC delivered within two days by Fedex both times. Now I just have to find some tires - waiting for the incentives and better availability. Already picked up bluetooth TPMS from Tesla - you have to get from them AFAIK - new tech.

I have ordered the black R241s for my winter tires - so to confirm do I need to order TMPS from Tesla as a standard set from my tire company won't work?

Also, which black center Tesla logo center caps work with these as well as lug covers?

I have ordered the black R241s for my winter tires - so to confirm do I need to order TMPS from Tesla as a standard set from my tire company won't work?

Also, which black center Tesla logo center caps work with these as well as lug covers?

On the TPMS, yes you need new Tesla-specific ones they've introduced for the Model Y - main difference is they are Bluetooth unlike any traditional TPMS.

On the centre caps, still looking into that myself. I think pretty much any Tesla ones will fit - the M3 ones the Tesla site sells or the Chinese ones on Amazon. In another thread someone said the Model X ones in black are the best match for these wheels but I don't see them on the Tesla (Canada) site myself.

Just bought tires online today and arranged a home install so all set for the white stuff!

Nice, but $2000 + taxes for a set and not in stock until the end of Nov is a tough sell.

Yah. I love the replika ones though. Reminds me of the Turbine wheels which I love

Agree completely. My Replika 241 (19x8.5”) for my winter tires (Michelin PA4s, the best winter tire for the Model Y imo) just arrived at my tire shop this week. I’ll be putting them on soon for a test to make sure everything works before winter.

Reactions: everydaychris
Does anyone know if these replicas will fit on the Model Y Performance?

I asked Replika that very question. They said the R241 19x8.5 will fit the Performance.

2EA1E011-0AF7-416D-AB89-FBAC622867E1.jpeg

I asked Replika that very question. They said the R241 19x8.5 will fit the Performance.

View attachment 597392

I'm curious why the 8.5" width. I ordered the R241s with 19 x 9 / 45 offset, matching the OEM rims. If there is a winter benefit to 8.5", I can change the order.

Tires will be Michelin PA4's as the X-ICE SNOW will not be available until January.

Last edited:
Less chance of curb rash by choosing smaller width rim, as long as tire you have chosen supports it. I am doing the same on my config, different manufacturer of wheel, but for the same reason. Some do not like the look of narrower wheels, for me it is more about function and reducing the chance of damaging my wheels.

Reactions: MrTemple
I'm curious why the 8.5" width. I ordered the R241s with 19 x 9 / 45 offset, matching the OEM rims. If there is a winter benefit to 8.5", I can change the order.

Tires will be Michelin PA4's as the X-ICE SNOW will not be available until January.

I went with 8.5” wide because the stock 255 width tires fit great on them (even better than on the stock 8.5” wide tires).

With the 8.5” there’s a lot less risk of curb rash, and with the tire protruding 0.2in less, there’s slightly less road grit sprayed on the car.

I’m getting the PA4s too (best of the High Performance Winter class). Way safer than Xi3 (best if the Studless Ice & Snow class).

The Xi3, like all SI&S, stop a tiny bit better on snow and ice (when you’re already driving more cautious).

But the Xi3 take 20-25% longer to stop when your rubber is on wet or dry salted/sanded pavement (almost all winter driving for most, and when you’re NOT driving extra cautious). With corresponding reduction in handling grip.

SI&S tires just seem way less safe than HPW tires. The SI&S are unsafe when you’re not being careful, and the HPW are still super good on snow and ice (just not quite up to SI&S).

043E716F-EE98-4D57-A0EE-B26AA419E2CD.jpeg

Nice! So both the 8.5 and the 9.5 fit the P?

I know that 8.5 reduces risk of curbing. But it’s the same size tire for both correct?

Same tires. They’ll fit even better on 8.5” wide wheels.