Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought Replica r241 19x9.5 for their new Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at them - also they give two options for offset (35mm or 45mm) which one is correct? I’m planning on taking my tires off the gemini wheels and putting them onto the replikas as summer tires then buying winters for the geminis later in the year when more options are available.
Thanks

Reactions: Rdrunner
I have the 35mm offset on mine. The 45mm option might be new (matches stock gemini specs), I don't recall seeing it last month. Both will work on the model Y, the 35 mm will stick out slightly more (around 10mm). The wheels have a slight concave face so it works well.

I uploaded a pic on Page 85 of the Model Y in Canada thread.

47CEC9E8-2638-4F1F-94A0-2BB743D29F4A.jpeg

they turned out great!

I have the 35mm offset on mine. The 45mm option might be new (matches stock gemini specs), I don't recall seeing it last month. Both will work on the model Y, the 35 mm will stick out slightly more (around 10mm). The wheels have a slight concave face so it works well.

I uploaded a pic on Page 85 of the Model Y in Canada thread.
Your white MY with the Replica r241's looks absolutely awesome! I just modified my order and switched to the Gemini wheels from my original Inductions because of your picture. Can you tell me the exact Replica model # or SKU # that you installed? Did you order matching black lug nuts and centre caps as well? Also, did you use the OEM Tesla TPMS or did you buy aftermarket ones? I'd like to put snows on the Geminis so I'd like to have sensors in both sets. So many questions ... thanks!

@PhantomY Car and Username match, looks sick!

@Mollydek Thanks, like most things she's imperfectly perfect.

Wheels are Satin Black and do have a gloss.

I feel the inductions are the optimal choice from a visual perspective but finances & usability are my priorities. I was an early order so upgrading to them would've costed 10K so our points of reference are different. The tires are on the inductions are much better.

Northern climate tax sucks, dedicated Gemini Winters are an awesome trade off and the Replika's are very nice. Eventually the freeze and thaw pot holes (unless Elon solves this) and stray nails will shred the Continentals and we can upgrade to better summers. The higher sidewall on the 19's might avoid some blow outs.

Details
Vendors
Never used either of these but friends have. The Detailing Studio I went with had a channel with Fastwheels (Parent Company) so I went through them.

Lugs, Center Caps, TPMS
  • Lugs were matched to Satin Black. Don't not have part # on hand but Vendors should be able to provide this.
  • My Center Caps were incorrectly matched to the OEM Model 3 charcoal grey. The better OEM match are the black Model X caps. I ended up dipping mine as I don't trust my spray paint skills. May revisit or not care.
  • TPMS are from the Geminis. I haven't checked the thread lately but the Y uses a new TPMS/protocol which you can only get through SC at the moment. Will deal with that in a month or two.

Last edited:
Wow!!! Those look so good! Are they space grey or satin black? Can I ask where you ordered them from? There seems to be several online retailers. Are those the Model 3 centre cap and lug nut covers? Also, did you use the Tesla TPMS or buy a second set? Thanks!

thanks - satin black ordered online. I used partsengine.ca. First time using them but went well. Ordered Sunday had them Tuesday in Montreal. Kept TPMS from the OEM Gemini wheels. The center caps ordered off Amazon - black matches perfectly.

now to wait for good deals on winter tires and for clarity on Model Y TPMS!

@kevchan Thanks for the very detailed info!

@PhantomY Thanks also for the detailed help - this forum is awesome. Do you happen to have the Amazon link for the centre caps you ordered? The ones I found all shipped by slow boat from China with Sept/Oct delivery.

As far as snow tires go, I got a quote in the spring for Michelin Xice xi3 from Costco for $1375 (install and taxes in) for size 245/45R19 (102H). This size is -1.1% of OEM but within the "green zone" on tiresize.com chart. So basically we can get the Replicas and the snows for the cost of the Induction wheel upgrade!

I just got my R241s a couple of days ago, agreed they're nice and the price is right. Also did 35 offset. Shout out to PMC Tire who I've used for a set of R187s on my Model 3 a couple of years ago and now the 241s for my Y. PMC delivered within two days by Fedex both times. Now I just have to find some tires - waiting for the incentives and better availability. Already picked up bluetooth TPMS from Tesla - you have to get from them AFAIK - new tech.

The PMC website gives the following recommendation fot the Model Y:
We suggest also a size better adapted for winter driving (implies buying adapted wheels)
18" - 235/55-18

If you go on to look at compatible wheels they have the 18" R241 with 40mm offset.

Smaller wheels and tires perform better on snow and ice, according to reviews I've read. Other benefits are lower price and more tire choices. On the other hand, I'm a little hesitant to stray from Tesla's standard wheels sizes.

Would this make a good winter tire/wheel combination? What do you guys think?

The PMC website gives the following recommendation fot the Model Y:
We suggest also a size better adapted for winter driving (implies buying adapted wheels)
18" - 235/55-18

If you go on to look at compatible wheels they have the 18" R241 with 40mm offset.

Smaller wheels and tires perform better on snow and ice, according to reviews I've read. Other benefits are lower price and more tire choices. On the other hand, I'm a little hesitant to stray from Tesla's standard wheels sizes.

Would this make a good winter tire/wheel combination? What do you guys think?

I would stay with the standard size. Savings is negligible. Just get the 8.5 wide instead of 9.5.

Reactions: sherlockw