Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone buy wheel/tire packages from USA to Canada? Canada duties/taxes declarations for USA online order temporary spare forwarded via parcel service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Sorry, I cannot find a forum appropriate for this question, so I'm asking in the forum for the vehicle I own.)

I've ordered a temporary spare tire kit from a US retailer and am having it forwarded to Canada via a parcel forwarding service. It is shipped to a US location like a domestic order. Part of getting it through the border is a duties and tariffs declaration I need to fill out.
I'm having a hard time explaining what kind of information I need. I would end up having to declare each item and economic value of each thing. The tire is said to be USA-sourced and would fall under zero duty under CUSMA, the wheel is foreign and would be charged duties, but the invoice I have doesn't break it down separately. A competitor to the company I ordered from can provide this information, wheel and tire separately.

Is there a specific term for the kind of line-item-detail (item, country of origin, tariff code, dollar value) invoice that I should be asking for?

Thank you.

It might be simpler to try finding a spare tire and wheel rim, from a junk yard or e-bay,
fitting your front and rear wheel without touching the bake calipers:

- typically 19" Hyundai if you have the MY LR or
- 20" for the MY Performance because of the larger calipers.

And then order the correct spare tire for getting the correct external diameter.

Upvote 0