Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone done this to your Model 3??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I love the look, and it not crazy to have something
like that in Germany. 10 years ago I would have done it
in a heartbeat. In the US it just smells of Miami Vice.
I did a test drive of a Vipor in Dallas and had 6 cops follow
me to the dealer. I guess I would not like the cops at Safeway
that interested in my car, hey whats that 6-pack doing there.

I pulled the below photo off VerticalDoors.com web site thinking this is their work area. This I would like to see and they are only about 18 miles from my home.

I drove to the business today and boy was I disappointed. The entire work area was probably an 8th of what was shown below and it was full of machines, storage, dirt and stuff.

There was one car being worked on and it was in a rather small area carved out of surrounding equipment and machines. Some of which I tripped on while standing about 6" from the car

Even if I were excited to have vertical doors installed, not in a million years would I have my car in that area.

I just saved $3,850.00 by no longer wanting this done.

On to something else.

dsc05094.jpg

Last edited:
This all nice to look at but I’d be worried sick about parking lot/driveway entranceways, dips/potholes in road, and the general safety of the battery pack. I know that our Tesla’s are super safe and that the underside of the car is heavily protected but lowering the car only makes sense if the air suspension is used just for a parked look. Once out on the road I hope he keeps the ride height up!

I have experience with dihedral doors and lambo scissor doors.

The model 3 would be terrible to open the door handle design is already cumbersome enough.

Closing is also a big pain if the door swings out too far as reaching the door pull would be tough.

It looks cool but not very practical for daily use.

Soft close would be a better door mod