Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else’s internal thermostat acting up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticing my internal thermostat is showing unusually high temperatures when not in the car.

See the image below. Outside temp is about 42 degrees. Car was parked outside and not plugged in for about an hour and fifteen with no battery drain, so I don’t think the heat is actually running.

Also seems to be running the AC hard when driving, not the heat, with the climate control set to 68.

3FCD08A9-FA1F-4A19-83D3-58043D9401F1.jpeg

I'm definitely noticing some buggy behavior with what feels like the AC running instead of heat. I've also found that the defrost function that should come on when preconditioning on HI almost never works unless I go thru the reboot process. Then it will work for a day or so, then stops working again. I'm running ver 2018.50.6

I'm definitely noticing some buggy behavior with what feels like the AC running instead of heat. I've also found that the defrost function that should come on when preconditioning on HI almost never works unless I go thru the reboot process. Then it will work for a day or so, then stops working again. I'm running ver 2018.50.6

Thanks! Running the same version. Every minor issue I’ve had has been addressed by a software update, rather than the service center, so wanted to see if others were experiencing the same before making an appointment.

I also noticed it felt like cold air instead or warm air today in my 3 and it’s been slightly warmer today and yesterday than it has been (50 today). But I’m on 2019.5.4

Mine gets extremely hot when parked some days. App reads as in the mid 90s to low 100s even in sub freezing ambient temperature. Service center says that the app is triggering the heat, yet the app doesn't show HVAC on. Requires AC when I get in the car. Both the service center and I have confirmed with thermometers that the temperature is high. No solution offered other than disable the app.....