Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else ordered the SR before May 1st for 47600?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did and Tesla called me today to let me know that the SR (352km) doesn’t exist anymore. So, they offered me 3 choices: cancel my order or upgrade to SR+ / pay the diff. or drive a 150km car lol

Wow thats garbage. I can't believe they aren't at least honoring the existing SR (352km) orders. I realize having multiple configs in their software for range-locked SR+ is not free/cheap. But it's still a pretty customer-hostile move to have people order a car that was available and advertised (on the website!) and then say "Actually - sorry - the car now has less than half the range - buy you can save $2k".

At least offer a discounted upgrade to an SR+. There can't be *that* many SR orders in Canada prior to May 1st they'd have to do that for.

Wow thats garbage. I can't believe they aren't at least honoring the existing SR (352km) orders. I realize having multiple configs in their software for range-locked SR+ is not free/cheap. But it's still a pretty customer-hostile move to have people order a car that was available and advertised (on the website!) and then say "Actually - sorry - the car now has less than half the range - buy you can save $2k".

At least offer a discounted upgrade to an SR+. There can't be *that* many SR orders in Canada prior to May 1st they'd have to do that for.
I put down a deposit back in 2016, asked the guy to give me the free paint option...answer: I can’t...he said to me: you couldn’t get the incentive with you actual order...I said yes, you guys are going to deliver the car at some point in May/June...then I asked about the increase of FSD that was announced today...he said: no worries, we are going to honour your April price...then I said: can you honour my SR (352km)...he said sorry I can’t loll

Yeap I also got the call. They basically offer no incentives, nothing. Basically said too bad so sad.

I'm going to talk to my advisor and see what else internally the company can do. If not there are rules and laws in Canada. I may have to consult to government agencies like consumer affairs or a lawyer.

They cannot just switch out your order like that. Can't believe they think they can get away with things like that.

Curious, What are you guys planning to do?

I upgraded to SR+...there’s no mention anywhere in our contract that the SR comes with 352km...that’s why I gave up

It was published on websites and blogs worldwide that the 35000USD and CAD47000 was available. It was on their websites which I am sure a screenshot is out there. Before May 1st, that 354km model was available to order. I don't think they have a case here. When we clicked to buy at that time, this bogus 150km range WASN"T even available! Only the 354km was! Very easy to prove nowadays.

It was published on websites and blogs worldwide that the 35000USD and CAD47000 was available. It was on their websites which I am sure a screenshot is out there. Before May 1st, that 354km model was available to order. I don't think they have a case here. When we clicked to buy at that time, this bogus 150km range WASN"T even available! Only the 354km was! Very easy to prove nowadays.
I hear you...keep me posted :). I even told the guy that themiles is still being sold in the US and he said, with the incentive, the SR at 220 doesn’t exist anymore
With the new incentive, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a price increase of 1000$ on the SR+

Guys this definitely sucks, but also consider tesla has already done this when the got rid of the MR car. People were told they could move to SR+ or LR RWD and the MR orders were all cancelled.

Not surprised Tesla isn't honoring the SR orders. I hate to say it, but you can argue all you want, they are unlikely to do anything. They know eventually they will be selling your SR- to someone willing to pay the extra for an SR+...

It's a casualty of getting into the program....plus like many have said, they don't want you to buy the SR or SR-. The SR+ is the same build cost, just software limited. So they figure the number of people who convert to SR+ will far outweigh (from a profit perspective) the loss of SR orders due to cancellation.

Yeap I also got the call. They basically offer no incentives, nothing. Basically said too bad so sad.

I'm going to talk to my advisor and see what else internally the company can do. If not there are rules and laws in Canada. I may have to consult to government agencies like consumer affairs or a lawyer.

They cannot just switch out your order like that. Can't believe they think they can get away with things like that.

All Canadian original SR orderers are getting cornholed so all SR+ orderers can enjoy $5000 off. shame. Can't help but to smirk.

Hey guys, at least you guys got the federal $5000 incentive. I missed that out as I got the SR+ with AP on March. I lost $6000 with the Federal Incentive and the recent price drop
I agree you guys are getting SR+ and Autopilot free because of the rebate

I bought my SR plus on March 31 after the budget said no rebate over 45k

I lost the 5k, the price was lowered (even though they said it was going up) and the referral program was not on.

Love the car Tesla as a company is another story.

I agree you guys are getting SR+ and Autopilot free because of the rebate

I bought my SR plus on March 31 after the budget said no rebate over 45k

I lost the 5k, the price was lowered (even though they said it was going up) and the referral program was not on.

Love the car Tesla as a company is another story.

Agreed. Salesman from Tesla Stores keep telling me the price is going to go up if I don't order it now, the $5000 incentive won't have Tesla included and it will never happen, as well as the SR trim that i originally want will be so basic that it is nothing like SR+

Tesla salesman is worst than normal car salesman in my opinion. I love the car but I think the company's sales tactics do needs to improve if they intended for return customers

I guess it is too bad they have this in their order agreement: "We may also cancel your order and refund your Order Payment if we discontinue a product, feature or option after the time you place your order"

So they pretty much have this case completely covered as far as things go legally.

For a company that has 0 advertising budget it amazes me how little they care about how they treat existing clients.

When I first got the car I let everyone drive it and pitched it to everyone, now I kist say I love the car but wait until they get it together as a company