Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else really want the M3 Track Package wheels for their Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These wheels just look sick imo! They are also a really good size, 20x9. I know the Y has wider wheels, 9.5" for the 19's and 20's, and 10.5" even for the rear on the Y PUP. But for me, I don't think we need wheels that wide, 9 is more then enough and would fit more tires. I just hope eventually Tesla lets you buy the wheels individually, would look so good on a MSM MY ;)

1501561-00-A_0.jpg

I know these are an option.. but they don't look as clean, don't like all the little lines and sharp corners... Both the M3 and MY have curves.. these wheels just don't go with the style of the car :(

tesla-model-y-limited-edition-wheels-falcon-flow-forged-matte-black-ecliptic-20-inch-1_4000x@2x.progressive.jpg

Reactions: db93
These wheels just look sick imo! They are also a really good size, 20x9. I know the Y has wider wheels, 9.5" for the 19's and 20's, and 10.5" even for the rear on the Y PUP. But for me, I don't think we need wheels that wide, 9 is more then enough and would fit more tires. I just hope eventually Tesla lets you buy the wheels individually, would look so good on a MSM MY ;)

1501561-00-A_0.jpg

I know these are an option.. but they don't look as clean, don't like all the little lines and sharp corners... Both the M3 and MY have curves.. these wheels just don't go with the style of the car :(

tesla-model-y-limited-edition-wheels-falcon-flow-forged-matte-black-ecliptic-20-inch-1_4000x@2x.progressive.jpg

I dont think they would fit on the MY. I haven't seen the back of these wheels but the Y has recessed points on the backside because theres a bolt head for the MY brakes that was internal on the M3 that'snow exposed. You can see it in the Sandy Munro video

I dont think they would fit on the MY. I haven't seen the back of these wheels but the Y has recessed points on the backside because theres a bolt head for the MY brakes that was internal on the M3 that'snow exposed. You can see it in the Sandy Munro video

That's just a holding bolt for the rotor, you can easily remove it. The wheel and lug-nuts provide more then enough pressure to keep the wheel against the rotor. There are already people running M3 or aftermarket wheels on the MY, so don't think these would be any different.

The Model 3 has always had that same bolt. So that isn't going to stop the ability to use a wheel.

It is probably more of an issue of specs. i.e. is the load rating of those wheels appropriate for the weight, and towing capabilities, of the Model Y.

The Model 3 has always had that same bolt. So that isn't going to stop the ability to use a wheel.

It is probably more of an issue of specs. i.e. is the load rating of those wheels appropriate for the weight, and towing capabilities, of the Model Y.

Ah wasn't aware the M3 had the same bolt, then yeah shouldn't be an issue to mount. I am guessing the load rating will be fine. MY is only 300 pounds more (that's with super heavy wheels no less as well, so really once you adjust for those its only like 200 pounds more), that's not a big or meaningful increase by any means. And me personally, I will not tow anything with the Y so not concerned about that. My guess is these wheels are made strong to handle the stress of track driving too. Hopefully by winter time they will be an option to by individually or something.. would love to put them on my MY :)