Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone familiar with Yahasun Auto Frunk?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw a review of Yahasun Auto Frunk, which can also be purchased with an automatic foot opener (swipe your foot below front bumper, frunk opens automatically)

What's attractive to me is, they install it completely! They're based in the Bay area, but they plan to come to So. California (where I live) next month, and do installations at a Tesla Supercharger station. For a nominal fee, they'll even come to your home to do the installation.

Device can be installed with a foot motion senser to open automatically, with the cell phone app, or from inside your Model Y simply by tapping the frunk open icon.

It also has soft close.

Link is here: Shop Tesla Upgrades: Power Frunk, Swivel Screen, Foot Sensors, Charging Adapter, and more...

I've seen the Hansshow reviews, but I'm really not interested in a do it yourself project on my Tesla!

Wondering if anyone has experience with this company? (they've been very responsive to my questions)

Yup, I had them come out to install my auto frunk about 6 months ago and use it every day. Works great with the Tesla app, touchscreen, not so much with the Stats apple watch app though I don't think thats the fault of the frunk. They only replace 1 strut compared to 2 struts vs Hansshow or EVOffer, which so far hasn't seem to impact anything. Completely professional couple that comes out. The installer doesn't speak English but the girl does. I think it only took about 45 minutes for installation though I didn't do the foot sensor. The only glitch Ive had is when I disconnected the 12 volt battery and reconnected it, the car didn't know the frunk was open so when I tried closing it using the inside frunk button, it wouldn't close properly. I had to manually close it. Otherwise, has worked perfectly. I'd highly recommend them!

Saw a review of Yahasun Auto Frunk, which can also be purchased with an automatic foot opener (swipe your foot below front bumper, frunk opens automatically)

What's attractive to me is, they install it completely! They're based in the Bay area, but they plan to come to So. California (where I live) next month, and do installations at a Tesla Supercharger station. For a nominal fee, they'll even come to your home to do the installation.

Device can be installed with a foot motion senser to open automatically, with the cell phone app, or from inside your Model Y simply by tapping the frunk open icon.

It also has soft close.

Link is here: Shop Tesla Upgrades: Power Frunk, Swivel Screen, Foot Sensors, Charging Adapter, and more...

I've seen the Hansshow reviews, but I'm really not interested in a do it yourself project on my Tesla!

Wondering if anyone has experience with this company? (they've been very responsive to my questions)
They do group discount too if we can coordinate group installations on the same day/location (Pasadena Tesla Supercharger Station?). I'm planning to get Power Front-trunk & foot sensor, also foot sensor Rear-trunk for my 22MYP.

They do group discount too if we can coordinate group installations on the same day/location (Pasadena Tesla Supercharger Station?). I'm planning to get Power Front-trunk & foot sensor, also foot sensor Rear-trunk for my 22MYP.
I'm up for that!
I already spoke with them, and they're planning to come to So. Calif. next month.

Let's see if we can put together a group interested in adding an automatic frunk!

0245088A-39D6-49F5-9067-9361A0CCBA47.jpeg

Reactions: forso
Let's put a list together, if you guys are interested in a $45 or $50 discount. I'll start the list, and if those interested would add their name we need 5 customers for a $50 discount for the auto frunk, or 4 customers for a $45 discount. Perhaps also list your general vicinity.

Shel Weisel (near Calabasas Supercharger)

Currently we haven’t start checking-in with our clients yet. We will begin check-ins next week prior to Supercharger Locations and their addresses, so we will know the accurate dates at each city location.
This time heading out, we’re heavily booked estimated about 25-30 cars for a 5 days service, If we need more time, may extend to the weekends.

And thank you for sharing this link, I am not active at the forums. If someone begins a group, please let me know the list of names, privately.

We’ve been to the Eastvale Gateway Supercharger location, it is one of the best location there for services.

This is what she just emailed me

Let's put a list together, if you guys are interested in a $45 or $50 discount. I'll start the list, and if those interested would add their name we need 5 customers for a $50 discount for the auto frunk, or 4 customers for a $45 discount. Perhaps also list your general vicinity.

Shel Weisel (near Calabasas Supercharger)
Put me down also.

Derrick Pham. (Eastvale supercharger) I hope the group doesn’t have to be near each other. Lol