Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SoCal power frunk upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About $1,000 Dollars to open the frunk on my MSP with unsupported hardware!!? Don’t forget to add those air shocks that make your car jump up and down! Oh…and the little hula girl that dances on your dash. Remember the LED lights in the wheel wells, the spinning wheel inserts and wrap that baby in candy apple orange. Tint the headlights so they cut 50% of the available driving light and don’t forget the red tail lights. Now just envision yourself sitting in your Tesla with that shiny velour trim and listening to rap music…and hit that Frunk button. Yeah baby!! 🤣😱😝🤪

• Disagree
Reactions: morbidz
I installed the EVOffer electric frunk myself. If you're at all mechanically inclined it's not particularly difficult. The most fiddly part for me was mounting the latch motor to a front crossmember, and I managed to break a couple of the brittle tub mounting clips ($7 for a set of six from tesla). One watch item - mark the location of the latch well before removing as it will prevent a lot of adjustment headaches later. This video shows the whole process.

Reactions: morbidz
About $1,000 Dollars to open the frunk on my MSP with unsupported hardware!!? Don’t forget to add those air shocks that make your car jump up and down! Oh…and the little hula girl that dances on your dash. Remember the LED lights in the wheel wells, the spinning wheel inserts and wrap that baby in candy apple orange. Tint the headlights so they cut 50% of the available driving light and don’t forget the red tail lights. Now just envision yourself sitting in your Tesla with that shiny velour trim and listening to rap music…and hit that Frunk button. Yeah baby!! 🤣😱😝🤪
It's great that your car meets your needs the way it is. But that doesn't mean a power frunk upgrade is not helpful to others. For my Model X Plaid, if we want to use all 6 seats, it leaves very little cargo space, hence a usable frunk would be great.