Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get a pano sunroof completely replaced and know price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have '13 MS with an inoperable pano sunroof. It makes a slight hum but doesn't move. It originally stopped when fully open. I was able to close it by repeatedly having someone tell the car to close the roof and then I moved the roof a fraction of an inch at a time. I took it into a service center where I was told verbally it would be several thousand dollars and they would need to install an entire sunroof cassette. I let them know I wasn't ready to pull the trigger on that. I am somewhat concerned that if the sunroof is able to move a little when it tries to vent in hot weather that the car could end up with water intrusion issues. The service advisor also said that the sunroof couldn't be electrically disabled without constantly throwing errors. The service advisor said I had the roof as closed as one can reasonably get it and water shouldn't be able to get in. He waived the diagnostic fee and said he could send a quote for the full sunroof cassette replacement. No estimate was ever sent.

Has anyone had a pano sunroof fully replaced? What was the out of warranty cost?

Just did this Friday, and it's Saturday now. $2900 plus tax. And the service center scratched the paint and chipped the clearcoat quite painfully. I can't see a way to post photos... I'm happy to have the pano back operating, and in conversation now to get the damage fixed. I'll be quite relieved when they agree to fix the damage.

Just did this Friday, and it's Saturday now. $2900 plus tax. And the service center scratched the paint and chipped the clearcoat quite painfully. I can't see a way to post photos... I'm happy to have the pano back operating, and in conversation now to get the damage fixed. I'll be quite relieved when they agree to fix the damage.
Sorry about the damage! How is the V2 sunroof working? Any differences/benefits/minuses from the swap?