TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone get retrofitted for NextGen seats yet?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by wayner, Apr 1, 2015.

1. wayner

wayner Active Member

I assume many others got the same email that I did that mentioned that NextGen seat retrofits were being pushed back a couple of months. My letter mentioned that mine should be here in May. Anyone else have a sooner date - or perhaps even have the new seats already, other than from the factory?

FYI - My P85D was delivered on Jan 4 or so.

2. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Yes, a number of people have reported that they got the retrofits in the Next Gen Seat Delivery thread...

3. wayner

wayner Active Member

Sorry, I should have specified that I meant anyone in Canada. Stuff often takes longer to get over the border as many of us know as our cars were stuck in Chicago or Detroit for a couple of weeks in December.

4. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Still, you'll get much better response by asking in the relevant thread then by posting a new thread, don't you think?

5. wayner

wayner Active Member

I don't think so since I am guessing most Canadians spend more time in this subforum than in one specific thread that they may or may not find in another subforum. I found the question "Has anyone in Canada had the NG seats installed" in post 187 of that thread but there has been only one response to it saying "I was told end of April". So it looks like the seats are taking a month or so longer to get to Canada. Plus folks might skip that thread as it is about NG seats in general, not specifically about retrofits. If I saw that thread I wouldn't look into it for info on retrofits as I would think that it is more about cars shipping from the factory with the NG seats, especially since the thread was started about the time that P85Ds started shipping with NG seats - late Dec of last year.

6. Biker

Biker Member

Personally I prefer to hang out in the Canadian forum. Most of the responses are more relevant - and they're written in English :)

... ou français