Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get Tesla to fix clicking noise from center dash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious if anyone here has had similar issues. I've had this persistent clicking noise coming from the front which is very annoying. I've gone 3 times now to SC, and they can't seem to fix it. The first time they did something and it worked for a week, but then it came back. I've gone back twice since, and they say that everything is normal and that this kind of noise is common in this car. I find this hard to believe. It's an annoying high pitched clicking which is there at low speeds (10-40mph) and is heard in the front dash area. It's only when the car is driving, and seems like something is loose because it's worse on bumpy roads or when there's incline. I have a video of how it sounds (kind of hard to hear but it's the light clicking noise heard at 00:15) New video by Michael Zaurov

Anyone get something similar fixed? I don't know how to get them to fix it. I was told this is related to shock tower braces, but torque properly applied so any noise is normal. This noise started 6 months after delivery, so I refuse to believe it's normal. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
SOLVED: I got same clicking sound coming from right front side. Problem was the clips from lower door trim with "Tesla" logo on it. I removed this piece and click was gone.

Video:

Attachments

• IMG_4357.jpg
    IMG_4357.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4352.jpg
    IMG_4352.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 11
I'm curious if anyone here has had similar issues. I've had this persistent clicking noise coming from the front which is very annoying. I've gone 3 times now to SC, and they can't seem to fix it. The first time they did something and it worked for a week, but then it came back. I've gone back twice since, and they say that everything is normal and that this kind of noise is common in this car. I find this hard to believe. It's an annoying high pitched clicking which is there at low speeds (10-40mph) and is heard in the front dash area. It's only when the car is driving, and seems like something is loose because it's worse on bumpy roads or when there's incline. I have a video of how it sounds (kind of hard to hear but it's the light clicking noise heard at 00:15) New video by Michael Zaurov

Anyone get something similar fixed? I don't know how to get them to fix it. I was told this is related to shock tower braces, but torque properly applied so any noise is normal. This noise started 6 months after delivery, so I refuse to believe it's normal. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I had the same sound. It was coming from 2 welded metal panels from the right button under the door. Removed the rubber and there you go, I could simulate the clicking just pushing with my fingers on that panel. To solve it, I screwed in a bolt and forced them apart a bit. Video:

SOLVED: I got same clicking sound coming from right front side. Problem was the clips from lower door trim with "Tesla" logo on it. I removed this piece and click was gone.

Video:
I was wrong. It was coming from 2 welded metal panels from the right button under the door. Removed the rubber and there you go, I could simulate the clicking just pushing with my fingers on that panel. To solve it, I screwed in a bolt and forced them apart a bit. Video: