Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get their Wheels and Tires (Seasonally) Changed at Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a service appointment tomorrow at Tesla Lawrence for my 3 for a bunch of things (including the hanging shroud underneath the car).

I was thinking that if I can stuff the 4 19" wheels and tires in the car (anyone try this with the seats down? do they fit?), perhaps I should get them to take off my 18" winters and swap them now. I believe they charge about $100, which is similar to what the mobile tire change guys charge, and a little more than my local garage ( who may have never lifted a Tesla).

Anyone have this done at Tesla Lawrence? (I am assuming they will do it ?)

Interesting. Obviously the 19" I bought with the car, and I did buy the 18" Aero package from them. Not sure why they care, assuming the car is otherwise in for service and they are charging for the work. (I could see them saying that they are too busy to take the car just to do the swap - regardless of where you bought the rims and tires.)

Are your tires already mounted on wheels? If so, should fit in trunk + rear seat. There’s a mobile guy that I used to pay $50 to do seasonal swaps at my home. Not sure how much Tesla will charge.
Yes, they are mounted.
Mobile tire swap guy here in GTA that I contacted charges $100 for the first car and $90 for the second car (something like that). Tesla on the phone said they would charge $100 but did not sound too interested or eager to do it.
My local garage charges about $70 but not sure they have ever lifted a Tesla.
Jiffy Lube does it for $60, but...not going there - although it is while you wait.

My service center didn't hesitate at all - they said for sure they'd swap them out. The cost was unreasonably high, though. I live in a major city (Chicago) so pretty much all of the major wheel/tire places service Teslas regularly and I'm comfortable with that.

My service center didn't hesitate at all - they said for sure they'd swap them out. The cost was unreasonably high, though. I live in a major city (Chicago) so pretty much all of the major wheel/tire places service Teslas regularly and I'm comfortable with that.

Hey brodyc (or anyone else in Chicagoland), if you need a place to store your wheels off-season and handle swaps, I whole-heartedly recommend Top Store. They used to be in the West Loop, but are out in Berkeley now. My 3D has all-seasons on it so I'm not currently doing business with then, but they handled my 2nd set of wheel for my last 2 cars, and have plenty of experience with Teslas. When I wear out my current rubber, I'm going to ditch all-seasons and get a second set of rims.