Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have any VINs for the 2022 model 3 in the UK?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I currently have an order in for a model 3 and am currently facing a little dilemma. I am keen to get the 2022 model with the newer infotainment CPU and rear double glazing etc, but there is also a 2021 model in-inventory ready to go, brand new. I don't 'need' the car early and honestly it'd get used very little as I'm working from home for the next couple months, but it would be nice regardless.

As I understand it, the VIN for the 2022 refresh has an 'N' in the 10th position of the VIN whereas 2021 was 'M'. But whilst most of the info online is from american owners it does seem that a lot of changes/hardware updates happen to the china-made cars first and so these may be present on some of the 2021's in the UK? For example a few US owners said that the 2021 had leather on the doors but all the ones I looked at and test drove had the alcantara door lining which showed up on the 2022 US model.

Does anyone here have either a 2022 or 2021 model 3 in the UK and could you answer one of the following:

1) If you have a 2022 model with the AMD cpu, rear double glazing etc, does your VIN have an 'M' or an 'N' in the 10th position?
2) If you have a 2021 model with an 'M' in the 10th position, does your car have any of the 2022 features?

Thanks!

The year number in the VIN has little to do with any model year specification. Tesla constantly change the specification of what they build and there can be significant production changes made at any time irrespective of what some may call a model year or the year in the VIN.

Reactions: Advocate
I don’t mean to rain on your parade but the new style rear lights were introduced almost a year ago(?) and some people are still receiving cars with the old style lights. So waiting won’t guarantee a Ryzen CPU.

IMO waiting will increase your chances, but won’t guarantee it. AFAIK nobody has yet received a car with the Ryzen CPU, or certainly nobody who’s said so.

Reactions: Durzel