Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to check Original battery capacity on MIC 2022 Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have the V5 document as it should state the variant (yours might be E5LD?)

1702549567926.png

GeorgeSymonds info/link also aligns with my M3LR and the table/variant code above đź‘Ť

Last edited:
There is, but having just had chance to try it, if the car is on your account, log into your account on a PC or Mac, then use the link below which a well known one when you're waiting for delivery, but also works here:

And you;'ll get your car config.. my MY is:

...options=$APBS,$DV4W,$INPW0,$PPSW,$PRMY1,$SC04,$MDLY,$WY19B,$MTY09,$STY5S,$CPF1,$FM3U,$DRRH&bkba_opt=1","orderStatus":"DELIVERED","ord

So I have a MTY09

Looking at the equivalent text for the MY, I have:

MTY09 Model Y Long Range AWD
Produced: China and Berlin
BT43 Battery was used
Built in China from Sept 2021 and still in production
Built in Berlin from Jul 2022 and still in production
China cars were for Europe and APAC markets
Berlin cars were for Europe only, and LHD form only
331 Miles/533km WLTP, 0-60 mph 4.8s, 0-100km/h 5.0s, 135mph, 217km/h
While the Fremont production was getting the BT37 then BT42 batteries, China production for Europe and APAC were getting the BT38 for a while before changing to the BT43 battery (using a differnet model code).

So based on that, mine was the BT43 battery. It seems to take the guess work out.
Some more corresponding info here (mine is the same battery (BT43 for MYP)

đź‘Ť

Reactions: Adopado
There is, but having just had chance to try it, if the car is on your account, log into your account on a PC or Mac, then use the link below which a well known one when you're waiting for delivery, but also works here:

And you;'ll get your car config.. my MY is:

...options=$APBS,$DV4W,$INPW0,$PPSW,$PRMY1,$SC04,$MDLY,$WY19B,$MTY09,$STY5S,$CPF1,$FM3U,$DRRH&bkba_opt=1","orderStatus":"DELIVERED","ord

So I have a MTY09

Looking at the equivalent text for the MY, I have:

MTY09 Model Y Long Range AWD
Produced: China and Berlin
BT43 Battery was used
Built in China from Sept 2021 and still in production
Built in Berlin from Jul 2022 and still in production
China cars were for Europe and APAC markets
Berlin cars were for Europe only, and LHD form only
331 Miles/533km WLTP, 0-60 mph 4.8s, 0-100km/h 5.0s, 135mph, 217km/h
While the Fremont production was getting the BT37 then BT42 batteries, China production for Europe and APAC were getting the BT38 for a while before changing to the BT43 battery (using a differnet model code).

So based on that, mine was the BT43 battery. It seems to take the guess work out.
MT328 - in my case.

:)

so in this case, default info provided by Teslamate is somewhat correct.
almost 2 years, 40k miles
1702555460747.png

crossing fingers that in such case the major battery decrease already happened... but what I see from the graph that it is after 30k miles is where the major decrease happened

so in this case, default info provided by Teslamate is somewhat correct.
almost 2 years, 40k miles
View attachment 999346

crossing fingers that in such case the major battery decrease already happened... but what I see from the graph that it is after 30k miles is where the major decrease happened
That point may not be when the degradation happened it may be when the BMS adjusted.
You mentioned that you don't charge to 100% often, which is good for the battery, but not necessarily good for the BMS calibration
Have you run it down to low and charged up to 100% recently or whatever the latest adivce is on BMS calibration?