Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have extended warranty from Delta Auto Protect warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got offer for 10 years total for this company with $2000 with no deductable. Extended Auto Warranty | Vehicle Service Contracts | Delta Auto Protect
He said they pay directly to Tesla and cover all Tesla warranty after factory warranty. Now he agreed to reduce to $1,500 with same 10 years warranty. Anyone deal with this company before or any others? I sure like to get extended warranty after 4 years factory since I plan to keep it over 10 years. He show me this review by consumer affairs:
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/delta-auto-protect.html reviews but I saw Yelp reviews are mostly negative:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/delta-auto-protect-philadelphia?adjust_creative=bing&hrid=26n6wLWlt0N1R0cvw2QwpA&utm_campaign=yelp_feed&utm_medium=feed_v2&utm_source=bing

Not sure which one review to believe..

...Not sure which one review to believe..

It's best to hear straight from the horse's mouth at Better Business Bureau:

Delta Auto Protect Response 02/04/2019

February 4, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter is in regards to the aforementioned BBB ID ********. On November 19 2018 Delta Auto Protect authorized the claim to the service advisor **** at ********* for the regulator $155.68 and 1.9 hours of labor at the shops labor rate $130.00. The total repair amount authorized was $402.68. At the time of authorization the Delta claim representative advised upon the completion of the repair to send a repair invoice with the proper information in order to process payment. The repair invoice verifies the authorized repair was completed at that specific facility. On December 20, 2018 Delta claims department received a work order from ********* which provides diagnosis but not repair completion. Delta has attempted to retrieve the repair invoice from ********* but was not forthcoming and was reverted over to ********* corporate. The Delta claims representative called ********* Corporate who advised they do not have repair invoices. The consumer was notified and will contact the service facility to retrieve the repair invoice. Once Delta Auto Protect receives the proper repair invoice they will process payment to the service facility.

Thank you,
Delta Auto Protect

-------------------

The theme seems to be it's quite a bureaucracy to get your claim through.

It's not as easy as just to bring your car to Tesla under its Extended Service Agreement and have any issues taken care of in person, in real time, not months and months of paperwork and through a filing with the Better Business Bureau!

I have found that Yelp is usually the most accurate and in this case it seems to support the poor BBB info. Also, I wonder if any of those consumer affairs people have a Tesla which isn't going to be able to be repaired by your typical auto repair shop for any kind of serious issue.

Here is the sales rep respond after I show him the BBB complaints:
As you can see we have about 400 complaints on the BBB. Keep in mind we have 10s of thousands of clients nationwide. The 400 complaints compared to the amount of clients we have is an extremely small percentage. Please also look at good reviews that we have. We have plenty of those too. Every company in the industry has some complaints.
I wanted to get extended warranty but not sure where to buy one. Tesla offer 8 years for $4200. That's kind of high for me.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
...400 complaints...

That minuscule number of complaints that Delta responded show that its procedure is very hard to crack.

As written by itself: "On November 19 2018 Delta Auto Protect authorized the claim " and they responded on February 4, 2019 which confirms the resolution is nowhere near resolution.

So, most likely, we'll be among other 10s of thousands who would be quiet and want to avoid the torturing chamber.

You might want to check out:

https://www.xcelerateauto.com/x-care/

It's not available for all 50 states yet but it is slowly planning to.

That minuscule number of complaints that Delta responded show that its procedure is very hard to crack.
As written by itself: "On November 19 2018 Delta Auto Protect authorized the claim " and they responded on February 4, 2019 which confirms the resolution is nowhere near resolution.
So, most likely, we'll be among other 10s of thousands who would be quiet and want to avoid the torturing chamber.
Yeah, that's a good point, and my thinking is that bragging about having 10s of thousands of customers isn't always a good thing. Might just mean that I would be a speck of dust in their system. And I wonder how many claims support people they have? Hopefully not one, and he is on vacation this week :D:eek:

You might want to check out:

X-Care - Xcelerate Auto

It's not available for all 50 states yet but it is slowly planning to.
This company have contact me thru this forum. It is more expensive than Delta and has $100 deductible and only offer 8 years. I have not check this company out whether any bad complaints.
I found this thread with some issue: Extended Warranty missing on my Tesla account - Still offered?