Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have issues with Tesla Customer Service despite the "friendliness" ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't get them to do a mobile service.

Last time I was in Denver I stopped by the Littleton SC, asked why not?

The person at the SC sat there and typed up my comments, then showed me his screen to prove to me he was really typing. I didn't ask to see their screen. They showed me out of guilt, I guess. It reminded me of someone who says "trust me". First thing I do is not trust them. Or the person who says, "To tell you the truth...". Why do you have to tell me you're telling the truth?

At that point I knew I was hosed.

That was a month ago. Still no call to do a remote service. At this point I don't believe the service exists.

Keeping my fingers crossed nothing goes wrong. Because if it does, I have just about no confidence it'll get solved quickly or easily.

Call on the phone, hang up, call back. I bet you get two different answers.

"Find a car company you hate the least".

I can't get them to do a mobile service.

Last time I was in Denver I stopped by the Littleton SC, asked why not?

The person at the SC sat there and typed up my comments, then showed me his screen to prove to me he was really typing. I didn't ask to see their screen. They showed me out of guilt, I guess. It reminded me of someone who says "trust me". First thing I do is not trust them. Or the person who says, "To tell you the truth...". Why do you have to tell me you're telling the truth?

At that point I knew I was hosed.

That was a month ago. Still no call to do a remote service. At this point I don't believe the service exists.

Keeping my fingers crossed nothing goes wrong. Because if it does, I have just about no confidence it'll get solved quickly or easily.

Call on the phone, hang up, call back. I bet you get two different answers.

"Find a car company you hate the least".
Mobile service does exist I used it 4 times and its great if it somehow ever gets on the schedule. The problem is the communication. I think they lack a good CRM. For now it looks like they are using yellow sticky notes with the sticky part missing. The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing over there.

They keep changing their procedure too. At first they had no mobile service. Then they had it but users had no access to it. It had to be initiated from inside. Then they added that as a service option on the web site so users could choose it. Then they removed it off the web site and became an internal thing again. Then based on the description of your service appointment they would convert your schedule to a mobile service after a rep would call to understand the problem. That worked good for a while but now they don't call you anymore so after scheduling an appointment you have to call to see if you can convert it to a mobile one. Total chaos.

• Informative
Reactions: 3laine
Still waiting for a call back for my windshield replacement. They said about 5 weeks ago that it would be ready in 3 weeks. Of course I took this all with a grain of salt. They really never follow up do they? Do they just expect people to constantly call back to see if the part is ready? Or are we just supposed to call and be lucky that they happen to have the part at the right time?

I'm going to amend my thoughts.

Last time I was in the SC, they didn't get to me. I could have had a cow -- beached and moaned. Then I realized how fortunate I am.

Short story is I got there at 9:45 for an appt. At 2:00 the rep. came to tell me they still hadn't got to my car. I could see he expected me to be pissed at him.

Instead, as soon as he told me I just lost 4+ hours of my life for nothing, my first thought was "It's over. Nothing to do but be cool, move on". So instead of going gonzo on the cat, I was like, "Oh well. When can we try again"?

The cat was blown away. He was shocked, how cool I was about it. I felt like I did a good thing, I was happy too.

The EV market is heating up. Soon, what's going to be the differentiator (sorry, I'm going techie), isn't range or whatever. It's going to be service. The first company that treats their customers like gold is going to win.

What makes Patagonia a great company? Their clothing isn't any more functional than North Face, Marmot, or a handful of other outdoor wear companies.

It's their people. And of course, their ethos. When I call Patagonia I feel like I'm talking to a friend.

I have to believe that Tesla is going to follow the same model. Or if they're smart they will.

Last time I was at the SC I couldn't help but notice how friendly all the people were. They're not making gobs of money. So what is it? Maybe, just maybe, they know they're part of a revolution. Maybe, just maybe, Tesla is starting to treat them as an asset, not as a cost?

I hope so.

Because if I was in charge of Tesla, I'd run the company like Patagonia does.

Reactions: israndy
Super nice people, but the left hand doesn’t know what the right is doing. I texted my road ranger to see if he could perform my 25,000 miles service and he said yes, call Tesla and they’ll get me on the schedule. I called Tesla but never could find a way to get to mobile service , and finally got through to someone through their online chat who said they would report it and get back to me. Several days passed and nothing, so I texted a different person from mobile service, who said someone else would get back with me, which they never did. finally today, I texted again, and got a response from a different person who said they didnt have the part I need and would contact me when they received it. I’m starting to feel like I’m dealing with AT&T !