Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Heard about Pomponazzi 880-xx Protection Coating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I've been searching a good paint protection coating brand for a while, and I saw Seattle Tesla Service Center suggest Ceramic-Pro, But I've seen some owner not so satisfied the result. And recently I saw some hong kong Tesla owner has posted a coating named Pomponazzi and it has really good result in there, it seems better than Ceramic-Pro, so I wonder if any of you have tried either of these two brands in Washington area? and hows the result over all?

and here's the link of the article that I've read about:
Pomponazzi 880xx coating on new Tesla

We do not have specific experience with Pomponazzi, but when selecting a coating I would strongly suggest doing your research (which I realize is what you're doing here) and really look at the credibility of both the customer reviews you're looking at, and the company that is installing it. We install Opti-Coat Pro Plus here, but I would also have no problem recommending CQuartz Ceramic Pro based on my personal experience and the feedback from other professional detailers and consumers across the world.

We do not have specific experience with Pomponazzi, but when selecting a coating I would strongly suggest doing your research (which I realize is what you're doing here) and really look at the credibility of both the customer reviews you're looking at, and the company that is installing it. We install Opti-Coat Pro Plus here, but I would also have no problem recommending CQuartz Ceramic Pro based on my personal experience and the feedback from other professional detailers and consumers across the world.
thanks for the recommendation, I've talked to few friends who has experiences on Ceramic Pro that they've done in professional shop in Seattle, but still come out negative result after couple washes. They just don't feel the smooth, So I guess I will just looking for Pomponazzi, since most of my friend from hongkong strong recommend the Pomponazzi coating than other brands.

thanks for the recommendation, I've talked to few friends who has experiences on Ceramic Pro that they've done in professional shop in Seattle, but still come out negative result after couple washes. They just don't feel the smooth, So I guess I will just looking for Pomponazzi, since most of my friend from hongkong strong recommend the Pomponazzi coating than other brands.
Remember that "smooth" is not the best/only indicator of a coating's UV protection and release properties. This public misconception is capitalized upon by coating/wax manufacturers and continues to be perpetuated. I'm not saying having a slick finish isn't desirable, just that further research is warranted when selecting a coating beyond how slick the finish feels to the touch.
However, if people are loving Pomponazzi more than Ceramic Pro and would be willing to purchase it again every time they buy a new car then that says something too.

Finally found the shop where dose Pomponazzi Coating in Seattle, the shop called Silver Star Auto Salon. And we just came back from Oregon last weekend after the coating service, still looks glass shine with no scratches after wash. really satisfied with the result! If anyone needs this coating service, call 206-277-8888 and ask for Jason, he will take care of you. Also the owner told me that if you mention you found them from my post, they'll offer you some discount as well. lol
20160905_170221.jpg