Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here upgrading to P100DL?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with K-MTG. If it was 10 K, i would do it. But to give back my 3 month old battery and pay double, I am not so keen. I will wait for the 120KW where the range makes more sense as an upgrade and put my 10K into the 2.0 sensor pack if that becomes an option. I can already see that I will be trading the MX in at the end of the 3 year lease and getting the new version at that point.

Of course the first time I see someone in town with a 100D, I will be fraught with jealousy. Who knows what will happen then.

Got an email back finally from Tesla online order department, Here is what they said in the email:

"We have added your name to our interest list and we will contact you once we have more information available. We appreciate your patience."

I guess we won't get our upgrade anytime soon.

I would upgrade to the 100D from my 90D for $10k. For $20k, can't you P90D owners sell your X and buy a fresh P100D?? Don't tell me the X value already fell $20k?

One problem though, if you trade in your car, you probably loose 20K, and you buy another P100DL which is 10K more than your P90DL originally, you still spend 30K instead of 20K. So the best scenario is not to upgrade or upgrade when you have not taken delivery. If you already took delivery, we are out of luck unfortunately.

One problem though, if you trade in your car, you probably loose 20K, and you buy another P100DL which is 10K more than your P90DL originally, you still spend 30K instead of 20K. So the best scenario is not to upgrade or upgrade when you have not taken delivery. If you already took delivery, we are out of luck unfortunately.

What about tax credit?

You will get a tax credit for the value of your trade in.

Unfortunately, not true in California. Trade-in value does not offset tax liability. The state wants all the tax revenue it can get.

I should have prefaced my previous response that for those of us in California we have to pay sales tax and registration on the vehicle price regardless of trade-in value.

To those who are interested in this 100KW pack upgrade at the same cost as those who are "pre-delivery", I suggest writing an email explaining your interest to [email protected]

If Tesla can get an indication that they are more than twice as likely to get a current 90KW owner to upgrade at the $10k price point, I have a sense they will be willing to "develop" a path for this demand.

Unfortunately, I disagree. The reason they are offering the $10k upgrade to P90Ds not yet delivered is if they didn't, many would walk away from their orders, eat the deposit, and order a P100D. It would be cheaper.

Unfortunately, I disagree. The reason they are offering the $10k upgrade to P90Ds not yet delivered is if they didn't, many would walk away from their orders, eat the deposit, and order a P100D. It would be cheaper.
We can speculate on their pricing logic all day long. It would not hurt, if you are interested in a $10k upgrade, to express interest. Tesla owners are very intelligent and pragmatic people, such a knee jerk reaction is highly unlikely.