Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here upgrading to P100DL?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One problem though, if you trade in your car, you probably loose 20K, and you buy another P100DL which is 10K more than your P90DL originally, you still spend 30K instead of 20K. So the best scenario is not to upgrade or upgrade when you have not taken delivery. If you already took delivery, we are out of luck unfortunately.

Another option could be to go halves with a 60/75 owner on the extra $10,000. They get a 90kW battery upgrade for $5000 and costs you $5000 less. Their old smaller battery gets recycled.

Instead of guessing has anyone tried "trading in" there recently purchased 90d?

Interested to hear about the haircut in 3 months. Because some states you only pay tax on difference and you would get two tax credits. Cuts the loss somewhat.

Also I heard a rumor that 100d cars will be delivered with 2.0 hardware. Might be other reason to consider trading in car vs swapping battery for $20,000.

Another option could be to go halves with a 60/75 owner on the extra $10,000. They get a 90kW battery upgrade for $5000 and costs you $5000 less. Their old smaller battery gets recycled.

Good luck with that, the upgrade is only for full P90D w/ludicrous pack for exchange. If you swap batteries (not sure if that would even work) your car is then a 60/75 not a Ludi 90 and ineligible for an the upgrade.

The biggest hurdle for this upgrade is the additional crash testing that may be necessary to get an approval to even do the upgrade. closest pack to the 100 in weight is the 90, wiring harness for extra power to the performance motor also has to work. If enough people are interested Tesla may do it for the other pack/motor, that is why I had mentioned sending an email to let them know.

Instead of guessing has anyone tried "trading in" there recently purchased 90d?

Interested to hear about the haircut in 3 months. Because some states you only pay tax on difference and you would get two tax credits. Cuts the loss somewhat.

Also I heard a rumor that 100d cars will be delivered with 2.0 hardware. Might be other reason to consider trading in car vs swapping battery for $20,000.

I would be interested in this as well. I just picked up my P90D early August. I would rather trade it in on the P100DL vs. spend the $30k to upgrade. Any idea how much the P90D depreciates in less than a month with less than a 1,500 miles?

I would be interested in this as well. I just picked up my P90D early August. I would rather trade it in on the P100DL vs. spend the $30k to upgrade. Any idea how much the P90D depreciates in less than a month with less than a 1,500 miles?
Also you would get 2 tax credits... $7500 of the haircut is recouped that way.. and tax is only on difference.

Why not email your OA and ask?

I'm sure they would like another sale and do whatever you need to get you the information to make a decision.