Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New owner of 2016 Model X here, How can I Upgrade 60D Battery to 75D.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

New Owner here of a used 2016 Model X 60D. I've been reading old threads on upgrading Battery to 75D. I have seen that first it was a purchase option (I no longer find it) and I've read that Tesla pushed update and they were all 75D. I currently get 170 on a full charge which leads me to believe its is still on 60d, Dashboard and Vehicle info also say 60D, Yet under my specs in the app I can see the 75D "Spec". Does this mean is upgradable? Or how Can I go upon upgrading? Will I loose Free Supercharging if I upgrade? Any help or past experiences would be great. Thanks.

Attachments

• Snipaste_2024-04-22_15-00-58.png
    Snipaste_2024-04-22_15-00-58.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 5
Hey Guys,

New Owner here of a used 2016 Model X 60D. I've been reading old threads on upgrading Battery to 75D. I have seen that first it was a purchase option (I no longer find it) and I've read that Tesla pushed update and they were all 75D. I currently get 170 on a full charge which leads me to believe its is still on 60d, Dashboard and Vehicle info also say 60D, Yet under my specs in the app I can see the 75D "Spec". Does this mean is upgradable? Or how Can I go upon upgrading? Will I loose Free Supercharging if I upgrade? Any help or past experiences would be great. Thanks.
Upgrade ability is controlled by Tesla. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. You can send a Service Center ticket and it's up to their mood.

Upgrading your battery by Tesla doesn't take your free Supercharger away.

When you bring your car in, they may discover that you should not have free Supercharging, not because of upgrading but because of other reasons like salvage title, sold by dealer, auction, previous owner gave up your car's free Supercharging thanks to various incentives, bureaucracy errors...

Reactions: Bigriver
Upvote 0
Upgrade ability is controlled by Tesla. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. You can send a Service Center ticket and it's up to their mood.

Upgrading your battery by Tesla doesn't take your free Supercharger away.

When you bring your car in, they may discover that you should not have free Supercharging, not because of upgrading but because of other reasons like salvage title, sold by dealer, auction, previous owner gave up your car's free Supercharging thanks to various incentives, bureaucracy errors...
Thank you Tam, Do you know the charge to do this or is it a free service now?

Upvote 0