Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know if Model 3 tires have foam inserts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per Tire rack, both the 18" and 19" tires for the 3 have foam in them. Seems like most of the major manufacturers have a "foam" in tire product these days with various trade names: Continental's ContiSilent, Michelin's Acoustic Tech, Goodyear's SoundComfort. Interestingly enough, since Tesla uses all of these brands on their various models, they seem to now be specifying the "foam" for their cars.

I've been trying, and failing, to find a set of 235/40R19 (matching the Tesla 19" winter tire set) with acoustic foam, from any manufacturer. Does anyone know of any winter tires that I can buy separately with this foam? I already have a set of 19" factory wheels and TPMS sensors - trying to build a cheaper set myself than the $3500 set on Tesla.com

Thanks!

I've been trying, and failing, to find a set of 235/40R19 (matching the Tesla 19" winter tire set) with acoustic foam, from any manufacturer. Does anyone know of any winter tires that I can buy separately with this foam? I already have a set of 19" factory wheels and TPMS sensors - trying to build a cheaper set myself than the $3500 set on Tesla.com

Thanks!
Supposedly the Pirelli tires they sell have noise dampening tech (likely foam).
Pirelli WINTER SOTTOZERO 3