Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know why “Hold” mode not available on 2019 X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My parents just picked up a previously owned X and I’m trying to help them from afar. They have 2020.41 with enhanced autopilot. The manual says Controls-Driving-Stopping mode. There car only has a “creep” mode toggle. No other options for Hold mode. Any ideas? Thanks

My parents just picked up a previously owned X and I’m trying to help them from afar. They have 2020.41 with enhanced autopilot. The manual says Controls-Driving-Stopping mode. There car only has a “creep” mode toggle. No other options for Hold mode. Any ideas? Thanks
Is it a raven model? Half way thru 2019 they changed the motors and your parents probably have an early build 19.

Is it a raven model? Half way thru 2019 they changed the motors and your parents probably have an early build 19.
I don’t think it’s a Raven. Does one or the other not have “hold” mode driving available?
I guess I assumed Hold mode was just a software update. So only ravens have 1 pedal driving then?
Thanks

Last edited:
I really don't understand this thread. Why do people think one pedal driving only became available on the Raven model? I have a 12/16 X and have always had one pedal driving. Yes, I have hold mode as well. There is no setting for "hold" mode. When you stop press on the brake and the "H" symbol will light up in red to indicate you can remove your foot from the brake (the symbol is located middle right of the dash above the speedometer. Hope this helps?

I really don't understand this thread. Why do people think one pedal driving only became available on the Raven model? I have a 12/16 X and have always had one pedal driving. Yes, I have hold mode as well. There is no setting for "hold" mode. When you stop press on the brake and the "H" symbol will light up in red to indicate you can remove your foot from the brake (the symbol is located middle right of the dash above the speedometer. Hope this helps?

They are referring to the new stopping mode (OFF, CREEP, ROLL and HOLD) which will bring the car to a complete stop including using the brakes automatically. You are referring to the vehicle hold feature.

Page 78: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_x_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

HOLD: Maximizes range and reduces brake wear by continuing to provide regenerative braking at speeds lower than with the Creep and Roll settings. When Model X stops, the brakes are automatically applied without you having to put your foot on the brake pedal. Whether stopped on a flat surface or a hill, Vehicle Hold keeps the brake applied ,provided your foot remains off the accelerator and brake pedals. See Vehicle Hold on page 83

• Informative
Reactions: RNHurt and beths11