Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone listen to Radio 4 on FM?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WannabeOwner

Nov 2, 2015
Suffolk, UK
We have some static on Radio 4 FM, its not all the time, might be area related, and not noticeable (or not anything like as much) on other FM channels. Tesla have attempted to fix this (they talked about an additional shielding "fix" that was used on cars that had problems), but we haven;t noticed any improvement on BBC4 FM - that said, I don't think we had consciously noticed whether Just-BBC4, or also other stations, had this problem before the fix.

TunedIn and DAB BBC4 is crystal clear, but we don't have anything like 100% coverage for those sources, so prefer to listen to FM so that we don't miss hearing something at a crucial point!

It reminds me of how car radios were back in the day. periodically you'd get some static, not all the time.

We also have a problem of getting into the car and getting just loud static from the radio. This used to be every time, since the fix its been infrequent but still exists. I imagine that this only occurs when the car was left tuned to BBC4 as that is common for us, but I haven't carefully logged that.

Would appreciate hearing from other Brit users if they too have this problem ... or not.

(Long shot: TunedIn offers two flavours of BBC4, one is "local". They have slightly different frequencies in their Station Title; the FM tuner only offers us one station when I do a SCAN to find all stations)

Snap. Just the same here - since v8 update FM has been disappointing having been rock solid for the previous 2 years. Luckily, i am in a good signal area so Tunein and Dab aren't too bad. If I want to be assured of hassle free listening on long drive I use my Iphone and the BBC Radioplayer app - it works brilliantly over the most pathetic of mobile signals.

thanks

since v8 update FM has been disappointing

I had the problem before, although the service visit and the extra shielding occured at pretty much the same time as V8 upgrade, so I probably can't differentiate the two.

I use my Iphone and the BBC Radioplayer app - it works brilliantly over the most pathetic of mobile signals.

I'll try that as a workaround pending a Proper Fix ("I may be gone some time" !!), thanks.

We have some static on Radio 4 FM, its not all the time, might be area related, and not noticeable (or not anything like as much) on other FM channels. Tesla have attempted to fix this (they talked about an additional shielding "fix" that was used on cars that had problems), but we haven;t noticed any improvement on BBC4 FM - that said, I don't think we had consciously noticed whether Just-BBC4, or also other stations, had this problem before the fix.

TunedIn and DAB BBC4 is crystal clear, but we don't have anything like 100% coverage for those sources, so prefer to listen to FM so that we don't miss hearing something at a crucial point!

It reminds me of how car radios were back in the day. periodically you'd get some static, not all the time.

We also have a problem of getting into the car and getting just loud static from the radio. This used to be every time, since the fix its been infrequent but still exists. I imagine that this only occurs when the car was left tuned to BBC4 as that is common for us, but I haven't carefully logged that.

Would appreciate hearing from other Brit users if they too have this problem ... or not.

(Long shot: TunedIn offers two flavours of BBC4, one is "local". They have slightly different frequencies in their Station Title; the FM tuner only offers us one station when I do a SCAN to find all stations)

I do not have a Tesla yet but can you not listen to Radio 4 on the browser?