Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TuneIn Premium Problems - steaming pile of ****

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had TuneIn Premium for some time now and while I see potential, at this point, there are so many infuriating things that I wonder if anyone there even listens to their own product…or is this a Tesla problem?
1. Volume variation within the same source and same channel. For example on WSJ, FOX and probably others, the decibel level between one segment and intervening segments can be several magnitudes different. From cranking the volume to 90% to hear anything to down to 20%. I’m not even talking about going deaf when you switch from TuneIn to regular radio source (not a TuneIn problem per se).
2. Randomly the station you are listening to will start looping. Same 15 seconds over and over like a stuck record.
3. Ads are replaced to the same degree by various people telling you “you are listening ads free on Tunein Radio“ or random segments of music. 90% of the time, they are essentially advertising their service to a person who already bought their service.
4. Loss of connection to TuneIn station all together happens more frequently then it should (nothing to do with data signal reception in the car)

If anyone has any fixes, especially for #1, would be much obliged.

That has been my experience with Tunein. I have used it on computers, teslas, and my phone. It never works well.
Thanks for confirming my suspicion. I hope someone from their team comes across this thread. Unless the company exists to launder money :p, they are not going to make profit until they take their product seriously which is not currently the case.

2. Randomly the station you are listening to will start looping. Same 15 seconds over and over like a stuck record.

Just this morning I started to make a similar post here. I use TuneIn for listening to CNN and MSNBC. Lately the ads seem longer, I was wondering if they lengthen the normal CNN or MSNBC ads.

I've heard the "stuck in a loop" a few times, but not over and over. One recent example was about 90 seconds of news that I heard and then was repeated.

And the repeated ads for TuneIn can only mean one thing, they're having problems selling ads.

"Your car has the best technology and acceleration on the road. Don't you want the same for your business?"... I think my head is going to explode. This same ad comes on nearly every break. Is NetSweep in cahoots with Tunein? "Your car has the best technology and acceleration on the road" If they can afford to run a commercial every 5 minutes why can't they afford to produce more than one commercial? Between this ad blowing smoke up my ass every 5 minutes, the 15 second looping issue, the volume issue and the flat out connection loss in the middle of a segment I'm about done with Tunein. "Your car has the best technology and acceleration on the road"

"Your car has the best technology and acceleration on the road. Don't you want the same for your business?"... I think my head is going to explode. This same ad comes on nearly every break. Is NetSweep in cahoots with Tunein? "Your car has the best technology and acceleration on the road" If they can afford to run a commercial every 5 minutes why can't they afford to produce more than one commercial? Between this ad blowing smoke up my ass every 5 minutes, the 15 second looping issue, the volume issue and the flat out connection loss in the middle of a segment I'm about done with Tunein. "Your car has the best technology and acceleration on the road"
I agree. Extremely annoying. I will never give TunIn a dime. I'd rather drive in silence.