Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Order a HomeLink Recently?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. Never occurred to me to set up an appointment before receiving email notification. I used app to setup mobile installation for next Monday. Hopefully they show up with the necessary part.

Just for clarification, when I ordered, I selected the exact service center I was going to go to. Since you're doing mobile install, I'm not sure if it works the same way, but I figure they will just be able to get a unit and you show them the order #.

• Informative
Reactions: dandrewk
Just for clarification, when I ordered, I selected the exact service center I was going to go to. Since you're doing mobile install, I'm not sure if it works the same way, but I figure they will just be able to get a unit and you show them the order #.

When I set up the service through the app, I just said "install HomeLink, order # xxxxx". It came back to me with time slots for mobile service. I took that as a hopeful sign that all will be copacetic.

When I set up the service through the app, I just said "install HomeLink, order # xxxxx". It came back to me with time slots for mobile service. I took that as a hopeful sign that all will be copacetic.
You will be fine. i did exactly the same and it was installed last week.

(I never received notification that the HomeLink was here. The mobile tech just brought one with him.)

Reactions: dandrewk
You will be fine. i did exactly the same and it was installed last week.

(I never received notification that the HomeLink was here. The mobile tech just brought one with him.)

Thanks. Tesla's communication woes extend to the Shop as well, it seems.

I ordered a couple of key cards over the weekend. I immediately got a shipping confirmation. However, as of today, the tracking number still shows "pending" with only the label being generated.

From now on, I'll just go to my local Service Center for any orders. They seem to have most items in stock, I'll get the order faster and without the "fell into a black hole" issues with online orders.

Just for clarification, did anyone here select the actual Tesla service center for delivery when ordering, and then use the app request to have it installed with Mobile Service at home? (This is what I am trying to do, as the Service Center is not calling me to schedule.)

Thanks!