Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone order before July price increase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My order number of RN1142***** is dated June 26 2021 and the online account doesn't show any delivery date. Cream interior, which I see makes a difference in timeline.

Anyone order after me and get their Plaid already?
The $10k price increase for Plaid was between June 9 - 12. My early March Plaid order was RN1145 and my late May order is RN1150. Are you sure your order number is RN1142 and placed on June 26 ? I would have thought a June 26 order would be RN1152******.

No, it's not.
Why do you say that? Not arguing, just curious. It is always interesting to hear people's opinions.

I think compared to my MY LR, it might be a vast improvement. Like the MY a lot, but some things I think they could have really done better. At the same time, no real competition in the marketplace in the MY segment.

I thought about the Mercedes, but don't really want to roll the dice on their first real foray into an electric car of this scale.

Reactions: Drew-MS
The cars are made from inferior parts.
Plastic interiors with synthetic leather that bubbles if you get lotion or many other chemicals on it. glitchy software, and a paint job that a 1934 Ford would put to shame. The build quality is marginal at best and the lack of customer service is laughable. Inexperienced assembly lines with production difficulties that never seem to end. The implementation of a single steering wheel with no options for the people that the wheel could possibly affect. The delivery experience is chaotic at best with cars being delivered unfinished.

$90k? NO, not in my eyes. And $55k for a Y is overpriced as well. Tesla's are fantastic to drive, that is why we are waiting for two as we speak. But let's get a reality check on what $90k actually buys.

• Informative
Reactions: Pdubs and Drew-MS
The $10k price increase for Plaid was between June 9 - 12. My early March Plaid order was RN1145 and my late May order is RN1150. Are you sure your order number is RN1142 and placed on June 26 ? I would have thought a June 26 order would be RN1152******.
Yes mine says Plaid at $119k order date June 26, but before I had reservation for Plaid plus and I guess when they changed the order they updated the date on it.

Reactions: Drew-MS
Yes mine says Plaid at $119k order date June 26, but before I had reservation for Plaid plus and I guess when they changed the order they updated the date on it.
Makes sense and good that Tesla did the right thing by allowing Plaid+ to convert to Plaid without having to pay the extra $10k.
I was also a Plaid+ order but converted to plaid in early March prior to the price increase.