Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone recived the new Model S option codes? (for example DU03)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Deffe

May 11, 2016
Sweden
Hello everyone.

My car has been in "production" for a very long time (3 weeks now) and I start to suspect that it will be done when the production will be moving on at the new production line.

I have seen multiple Model X owners being able to post Option codes containing for example DU03 and also other Model X buyers posting being upgraded to DU03 and the newer suspension after the production is done.

But nothing regarding the Model S. I have not found a single story about it.

How many here (if any) has orderd a Model S and gotten the DU03 and new Suspension? Please post your story, Im very hopeful that I will win the production lottery and be upgraded with the new engine and longer range (need it).

My car has also been "in production" for a long time. It entered production w/c 8 April - before the motor/suspension/range upgrade was announced.

Whilst my order was for a Model X, I feel it is relevant to reply to your thread as the option codes are relevant to your question.

On checking my option codes, I am showing DU03 which is assumed to be the new front motor, CH09 which is speculated to be a new charger (previous code was CH07 indicating something has changed) - possibly CCS and SU03 which is speculated to be the new air suspension.

What I am curious about is that the car I ordered (Performance with Ludicrous) had the ventilated seats and that was a reason for going with the Ludicrous option for me - that appears to no longer be included since the reported upgrades. So whilst I'm happy to receive the new motors and suspension (and possibly CCS), I'll be slightly miffed if I don't get the ventilated seats that I actually ordered. That said, I'm happier with the extended range, HW3, better suspension and whatever CH09 so would have chosen that over the ventilated seats if I'm being honest.

I've also already purchased and installed 2 wallchargers in different locations in preparation for delivery of my car which was originally suggested to be delivered in May (now looks like mid-late June). If CH09 is indeed a change to CCS charging - where does that leave my wall chargers - will they need to be swapped out for CCS versions?

Overall, I'm very happy to have paid the lowest possible price (I ordered when the huge price drop occurred and before they then raised prices slightly) and to be receiving what looks like all the recently announced upgrades, but I do wish Tesla would have reached out and acknowledged what the changes meant to those of us who ordered the "old" version of the car.

My car has also been "in production" for a long time. It entered production w/c 8 April - before the motor/suspension/range upgrade was announced.

Whilst my order was for a Model X, I feel it is relevant to reply to your thread as the option codes are relevant to your question.

On checking my option codes, I am showing DU03 which is assumed to be the new front motor, CH09 which is speculated to be a new charger (previous code was CH07 indicating something has changed) - possibly CCS and SU03 which is speculated to be the new air suspension.

What I am curious about is that the car I ordered (Performance with Ludicrous) had the ventilated seats and that was a reason for going with the Ludicrous option for me - that appears to no longer be included since the reported upgrades. So whilst I'm happy to receive the new motors and suspension (and possibly CCS), I'll be slightly miffed if I don't get the ventilated seats that I actually ordered. That said, I'm happier with the extended range, HW3, better suspension and whatever CH09 so would have chosen that over the ventilated seats if I'm being honest.

I've also already purchased and installed 2 wallchargers in different locations in preparation for delivery of my car which was originally suggested to be delivered in May (now looks like mid-late June). If CH09 is indeed a change to CCS charging - where does that leave my wall chargers - will they need to be swapped out for CCS versions?

Overall, I'm very happy to have paid the lowest possible price (I ordered when the huge price drop occurred and before they then raised prices slightly) and to be receiving what looks like all the recently announced upgrades, but I do wish Tesla would have reached out and acknowledged what the changes meant to those of us who ordered the "old" version of the car.

Thats interesting for sure. I also ordered with ventilated seats. But thats not included/mentioned in my Option codes. Perhaps it should not be?

The question remains though. Could it be that the Model S "line" is being upgraded at the moment? The Model X line got the upgrade first and until the Model S line is done the building stands still?

They run production in batches, one cconfiguration, one color type of thing. For the Model 3 it's been an entire week that the config is being processed. So for a non-inventory car, if you are lucky, it may be being made this week, if not it may be a number of weeks.

Here’s the full list

Model S (C_BAT)

BTX6
PX6D
Battery Firmware (C_BAT_FIRMWARE)
BR00
No firmware limit
Charging (C_CHG_SUPER)
HP00
No Wall Connector
SC04
Base Color (C_INTBASE)
QTBS
Décor (C_INTDECOR)
IDCF
Headliner (C_INT_HEADLINER)
UTSB
Interior Package Default Options (C_INT_NOW_DEFAULT_OPTS)
LP01
Drive (C_MOTOR)
DV4W
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Options (C_OPTS)
AF02
AU01
BS00
General Production Flag
CDM0
CW02
DCF0
DSHG
PUR Dash Pad
FG02
FMP6
FR04
PF01
Performance Legacy Package
PI01
SR07
Standard 2nd row
ST01
Non-heated Leather Steering Wheel
TIM3
TR00
No Third Row Seat
X007
Daytime running lights
X011
Override: Homelink
X014
Override: No Satellite Radio
X019
X028
Battery Badge
X039
DAB Radio
X043
No Phone Dock Kit
YFCC
Model S Performance (C_PERF)
BC0R
BP01
PX00
No Performance Plus Package
X024
Standard Equipment
PK00
LEGACY No Parking Sensors
PS01
X001
Override: Power Liftgate
X003
Maps & Navigation
X027
Lighted Door Handles
X031
Keyless Entry
X037
Powerfolding Mirrors
Model Trim (C_TRIM)
TM00
General Production Trim
Wheels (C_WT)
WTDS
No Info
APBS
APFB
APH4
CF00
CH09
DRRH
DU03
INBCB
IX00
LLP2
MDLS
ME01
MI04
PP01
PPSB
PSPX4
REEU
RFFR
SP01
SU03
WXW2
WXW3

I'm in the same situation :)

Ordered a Model S Performance with Ludicrous during the price drop and see the DU03/CH09/SU03 option codes on my configuration. Car has been in production since yesterday after a long wait. Delivery was planned for mid/end may, but also think it will more likely become mid/late june :)

Also wondering what will happen with the ventilated seats (no longer showing) and the carbon trim (that is showing in my option codes but in theory not possible anymore since the refresh). My charger is also standing here at home, ready to be installed by our electrician.

Very happy to get the new upgrades (probably), but also a bit on the fence about communication is handled, a quick update about what it means for our existing orders and what will or will not change would have been a nice touch.

I guess I draw the short straw then concidering that the cars that seems to be coming out now has the new DU03 and suspension. I probably missed it with 5 cars or similar since I have a very high 310XXX number.

Bummer. I will probably cancel my order since I do want to have the latest for at least 1 week :-\