Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone repair/repaint faded clearcoat on the carbon fiber rear spoiler?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you had a bad luck with it. Mine is 2023 with 35k miles and I just did the warranty repair on my spoiler with no charge. The tech said it is well known issue and he had done many spoiler replacement services already
Ya thats why I even went in as I have seen lots of posts of folks getting it replaced under warranty. Which I had a tsb or something if it is a "known issue"

I am in the UK. I found this post after searching the question. I have similar issues with my CFS. I put up a post on the UK part of this forum and was surprise at the lack of response as I presumed this was a common issue?

carbon fiber rear spoiler deterioration

I need to make a decision repair or replace and I am happy to replace but before I buy a new one I need to be clear on why I should buy from supplier A, B or C. This item in the Tesla shop is £700 (clearly Tesla get them, from a factory in China and probably pay that factory £7 a piece). I will not pay £700 for this item because I believe that is a ‘rip off.’ If I buy a new one, what do I look for, what questions do I ask to make an informed decision?

Attachments

• CF_spoiler.JPG
    CF_spoiler.JPG
    658.1 KB · Views: 3
I need to make a decision repair or replace and I am happy to replace but before I buy a new one I need to be clear on why I should buy from supplier A, B or C. This item in the Tesla shop is £700 (clearly Tesla get them, from a factory in China and probably pay that factory £7 a piece). I will not pay £700 for this item because I believe that is a ‘rip off.’ If I buy a new one, what do I look for, what questions do I ask to make an informed decision?

I am guessing since you are in the UK, then there must be local after market manufacturers that offer quality spoilers. I would post a request for a recommendation in the UK section of TMC.

I definitely recommend the spoiler I bought from RPM Tesla:

IMO, it is actually better than the OEM. It has a glossy finish that I think looks much nicer than the OEM spoiler (when it was new).

In terms of the questions, I would ask for a recommendation for a spoiler that:

1) Looks good
2) Is relatively easy to install
3) Holds up and does not deteriorate over time

RM Tesla does ship internationally if you want to check them out.
Good luck,
Joe