Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire load index question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 model s p100d
Need tires (again) and they are expensive
1. The load index of this car is 96. Can I get by putting a tire on that has a load index of 95? ( its only a 64 pound difference)
2. Anyone use Lexani tires? Their "LX Twenty" ($118) are rated to be as good as the Michelin Pilot Supersports that are currently on there ($500). This car wears through tires unlike anything I've ever had. Found out is has a factory set negative camber.

Yea I must have been looking at the load rating of another tire
Clears my first concern

Now. Anyone used laxani tires? They cost roughly 80% less than most all other tires in this category. This is usually a red flag, but multiple dealers are posting over 500 positive reviews. I've had a really difficult time finding a bad one. Why haven't I ever heard of this brand? Shouldn't everyone be using them?
Especially when I'm burning through these Michelins every 15k at $500 a piece. Even if the laxani weren't that good. I'd still use these. One of the reasons for driving EV is to save money (on gas). But those savings are totally negated because of tires. AND you have to pay to have them put on every time.

Upvote 0
Short answer is ”No”. Tires are what keep you driving and allow for stopping and lane changes.

Luxury and Sport cars are very dependent on good tires. A sad side effect is that the friction needed for the car and driving behavior wears the tire down.

If you truly want your tires to last a long time, drive slowly and don’t accelerate or buy a smaller much lighter car.

Replacing tires every 15k is a consequence of the type of car you buy. Remember almost any car accident is way more expensive than a new set of tires which could have helped avoid the accident.

Reactions: Skavatar
Upvote 0