Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone try the new pirelli ev tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're referring to the Pirelli PZero All Season Elect, I had a set installed about a week ago. I have a 2018 Model 3
Dual Motor with 19 inch wheels and the Pirellis replaced the OEM Continental Tires (235/40R19).
I've only driven about 90 miles on them, but I can give you my initial impressions.
In terms of noise, they're somewhat quieter than the OEMs on the great majority or road surfaces.Very subjective, I don't have a decibel meter.
Efficiency is about the same (I'm at 242 wh/mi lifetime, 220 wh/mi with the Pirellis although that will likely improve as the tires wear.)
The 220 figure is typical of my summer efficiency though.
Turn in is better with the Pirellis, although that is probably more due to the four wheel alignment the car got. I drive like Grandpa
so I'm not going to be your best source of information on handling.
The ride is more comfortable compared to the OEMs, the Pirellis seem to be better at absorbing bumps.It handles road
irregularities somewhat better than the Continentals as well.
So...in my limited experience, I'd say they're definitely and improvement over the 19 inch OEM Continental Tires.
Hope this helps !

If you're referring to the Pirelli PZero All Season Elect, I had a set installed about a week ago. I have a 2018 Model 3
Dual Motor with 19 inch wheels and the Pirellis replaced the OEM Continental Tires (235/40R19).
I've only driven about 90 miles on them, but I can give you my initial impressions.
In terms of noise, they're somewhat quieter than the OEMs on the great majority or road surfaces.Very subjective, I don't have a decibel meter.
Efficiency is about the same (I'm at 242 wh/mi lifetime, 220 wh/mi with the Pirellis although that will likely improve as the tires wear.)
Turn in is better with the Pirellis, although that is probably more due to the four wheel alignment the car got. I drive like Grandpa
The ride is more comfortable compared to the OEMs, the Pirellis seem to be better at absorbing bumps.It handles road
So...in my limited experience, I'd say they're definitely and improvement over the 19 inch OEM Continental Tires.
Hope this helps !
That's a nice summary. I also have this set of tires on my 2017 MX. My experience is somewhat different. Driven 20,000 miles on them so far. The tread wear is definitely better. Looks like I am not quite half way through the tread life, and good handling. I average 350 W/m. For me, they are noisier and ride more rough than the original Continentals. After they die, I will go back to the original tires.

• Informative
Reactions: FlyF4
thinking of getting a set this fall..
My new '22 MSLR was shipped with the PZero summer performance tires from the factory. They have the "elect" and "pncs" logos on them. They fronts are 255/45 R19 104y (and the rears are 285/40s) On my prior 2017 MS75, I had the factory goodyear eagles, which handled well, but were very noisy despite having foam in them, and replaced them wtih continentals which were much much quieter but didn't have as much edge drive feeling or sense of center. These Pirellis are the best overall tires I've had on a Tesla. They are very quite and handling is very good. Happy with them as I live in CA and no real need for all season tires.

Reactions: ferventcoder
Hope this helps !
thanx....i am worried about pirelli wear on the all season elect tires...the cross climate 2 i have had on for 2 yrs are amazing and arent wearing fast at all..in colorado so winters have been good on these tires.

• Informative
i took a look at the tire at discount and saw the foam in it(small strip around inside of the tire- and wonder really how much that helps? The tire was pretty firm when i leaned on it but the grooves werent as deep as i would have liked to see.

• Informative
I just had a set of Pirelli P Zero AS Plus Elect tires installed on my 2019 Model 3 Dual Motor w/18” aero wheels. They replaced the original Michelin MXM4 tires which only lasted 26k miles. I then immediately took the car on a 700-mile road trip.

First impressions:
  • The Pirellis seem quieter than the OEM Michelins.
  • Efficiency is about the same, if not a bit better. I averaged 265 Wh/mi on this trip, a bit higher than my lifetime average of 258 Wh/mi, but this was at highway speeds in 110+ degree heat.
  • I can’t tell any difference in ride or handling, though to be fair I’ve not really tested the handling.
I’m happy with the new tires so far.

I just had a set of Pirelli P Zero AS Plus Elect tires installed on my 2019 Model 3 Dual Motor w/18” aero wheels. They replaced the original Michelin MXM4 tires which only lasted 26k miles. I then immediately took the car on a 700-mile road trip.

First impressions:
  • The Pirellis seem quieter than the OEM Michelins.
  • Efficiency is about the same, if not a bit better. I averaged 265 Wh/mi on this trip, a bit higher than my lifetime average of 258 Wh/mi, but this was at highway speeds in 110+ degree heat.
  • I can’t tell any difference in ride or handling, though to be fair I’ve not really tested the handling.
I’m happy with the new tires so far.
cool.. thanx for the info

i've had them for a couple of months. I can’t tell any difference in ride or handling either but range is about the same.

They do need to be topped off more often than OEMs. Too bad DT doesn't do nitrogen.

I just got a set yesterday for my 2019 LR RWD and love them. The ride is noticeably improved, they're clearly quieter, etc....basically all praise so far. I'm not sure how much is due to them simply being new tires vs worn ones.
We'll see on the efficiency.

I just got a set yesterday for my 2019 LR RWD and love them. The ride is noticeably improved, they're clearly quieter, etc....basically all praise so far. I'm not sure how much is due to them simply being new tires vs worn ones.
We'll see on the efficiency.
new tires vs worn ones was the big factor in my case. I don't like the "top off" problem :(

new tires vs worn ones was the big factor in my case. I don't like the "top off" problem :(
How often do you have to top off? That's one thing I was amazed about with the OEM MXM4s...the only time I had to change the inflation was seasonally. For me, that's super rare and not necessarily a knock on the Pirelli's unless you're saying that you're having to do it, say, weekly.

How often do you have to top off? That's one thing I was amazed about with the OEM MXM4s...the only time I had to change the inflation was seasonally. For me, that's super rare and not necessarily a knock on the Pirelli's unless you're saying that you're having to do it, say, weekly.
For me, I just added air for the first time since getting the tires in September. And I think it’s more because of the lower temperatures than the tires themselves.