Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone use a Lotus soft top roof on this Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoops! Title should read : " Has anyone used a Lotus soft top roof on their Roadster"

I have a 2011 Roadster Sport 2.5 and am in need of a new soft top for it. It has been my understanding that the soft top was one of the few shared parts with the Lotus Elise but the Lotus parts supplier I spoke with said it won't work. Lotus sells their soft top for about $150; Tesla over $1,100 ! Anyone have experience, good or bad, with using a Lotus soft top on their Roadster?

Whoops! Title should read : " Has anyone used a Lotus soft top roof on their Roadster"

I have a 2011 Roadster Sport 2.5 and am in need of a new soft top for it. It has been my understanding that the soft top was one of the few shared parts with the Lotus Elise but the Lotus parts supplier I spoke with said it won't work. Lotus sells their soft top for about $150; Tesla over $1,100 ! Anyone have experience, good or bad, with using a Lotus soft top on their Roadster?

Your Lotus guy might have the wrong series Elise. You need to price the S2 which I've seen the Lotus top for over $1k as well.

But it should fit, if you get the right one. And if it's $150, get one for me too! I'll pay shipping and handling! :D

• Funny
Reactions: Gremlin
They are the same as the Lotus Series 2 "touring" top. The standard Lotus top does not have a padded liner, but is otherwise identical. Last time I checked the Lotus top was about $200 cheaper, if they had it in stock. Special orders always seem to add overseas shipping and customs fees.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark77a