Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone want a new M3P?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked mine up this am. Selling it as I'm going to be waiting for the cyberpunk. This was an extra car and I didn't want to lose it given how hard they are to come by right now. White/black. Has 200 miles on it. Parking it and either selling privately or running it through auction. Absolutely perfect compared to my 2020 MYP.
20210830_110455.jpg
Screenshot_20210830-104734_Video Player.jpg

Mods you can close this thread. Got the call today. It sold it at auction for $4400 profit.

Guess there's a need out there especially with the hurricanes taking their toll and people want what they can see vs what they can 'order" after all.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
I kinda wonder why I've been getting low offers for my 2020 Long Range Model Y with 4,000 miles on it. Blue/White, FSD, Acceleration Boost, zero marks on it (in fact, full body paint protection film and window tint). I mean I've seen some strong offers via Carvana and Vroom but they're still way off MSRP.... like $50k to $52k... but MSRP would be like $69,200.... So people are talking about $2000 to $4000 over what brand new price is and I'm seeing offers for $18k off brand new... something doesn't add up...

Reactions: Eugene Ash
I kinda wonder why I've been getting low offers for my 2020 Long Range Model Y with 4,000 miles on it. Blue/White, FSD, Acceleration Boost, zero marks on it (in fact, full body paint protection film and window tint). I mean I've seen some strong offers via Carvana and Vroom but they're still way off MSRP.... like $50k to $52k... but MSRP would be like $69,200.... So people are talking about $2000 to $4000 over what brand new price is and I'm seeing offers for $18k off brand new... something doesn't add up...
Where is your car advertised? Id like to see the listing

The issue is FSD. Carvana, Vroom, and private buyers are not "valuing" FSD at anywhere close to 10k.

Reactions: NuTony
The issue is FSD. Carvana, Vroom, and private buyers are not "valuing" FSD at anywhere close to 10k.
Ya, that’s my thing, I think these people are full of it when they go off about how they were offered MSRP on Carvana or something about above retail from a private sale or auction. I have yet to see anyone actually post a completed transaction showing they actually got that amount. Everything I’ve been offered has been way off what new would be ($10k+ less). Just got a “private” offer that was over 12 grand less than retail… no way people are getting 12k more PLUS another two to four grand. My vehicle has less than 4500 miles on it and over $7k in paint correction, paint protection film, and tint. (Ya that’s usually not valued much on sale, but that’s a serious “freebie” to help demand a high base price on the vehicle.)

If these guys are somewhat new posters, I almost wonder if they’re dealers or people on the used market creating “evidence” to point potential customers to to say “see, look at this hardcore Tesla owners board, a vehicle just sold for that much!” to help bolster their ridiculous prices.

I’ve got a local dealer listing Tesla’s at stupid prices. Base 2020 white/white Model Y with 11k miles for $63k…. That’s a ~$56k vehicle when brand spanking new… gonna have to do something to convince people that’s what the market is going for…

Actually, if you look at OnlyUsedTesla you get a better picture. Prices are strong, but almost all of them (for 3/Y) are below retail price and many with a lot of extra money on paint protection and tint and stuff. Only the couple Plaids seem to be above retail and the X is kinda wonky but that’s likely because there literally have been zero of those being sold in the last few months and none for another six months. If you need a large Tesla… not much other option.

Well I have super low posts so some may not take my word for it so I’m attaching a screenshot for support. You cannot see the make/ model in my screenshot so you’ll just have to take my word for it, haha. A white M3P sold at Manheim Auto Auction with 218 miles on it for 62,500 on 9/10/2021 in Northeast, Pa.

Attachments

• 119297D1-8F8C-4015-8758-1420CCAEDD00.jpeg
    119297D1-8F8C-4015-8758-1420CCAEDD00.jpeg
    268 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: NuTony
Well I have super low posts so some may not take my word for it so I’m attaching a screenshot for support. You cannot see the make/ model in my screenshot so you’ll just have to take my word for it, haha. A white M3P sold at Manheim Auto Auction with 218 miles on it for 62,500 on 9/10/2021 in Northeast, Pa.
So after tax the original poster made $819 minus any selling fee… and some dealer way over paid for that Tesla…

So after tax the original poster made $819 minus any selling fee… and some dealer way over paid for that Tesla…
All the know it all lol.

No.. in NJ there's NO TAX.

$4400 over what I paid.

Remember this. People want what they see in front of them. And Remember the sale went to ANOTHER wholesaler at that price. So retail will be even more.

Best of luck to all. I'll be back.

Ps. My friend that ran it through the auction for me? Has 15 plaids coming in already has 3 of them. 1 he is keeping for himself. Market is softening but still plenty to be made. All these storms and floods here they are giving you over msrp for ANYTHING used. With 217mi on it I got as much as you could ask for.

That sure sounds like mine but it should have been in NJ out west? Never been to the auction but have passed it many times. Unless that's just the "region," ? Idk.

20210911_224811.jpg
Screenshot_20210911-224636_Gallery.jpg

Just read my previous posts you can see I'm no scammer.

I am one of the reasons they shut the MYP production down. They were selling them here in the NE on performance summer only tires and NOT disclosing it to buyers (unlike my corvettes and BMWs). I gave mine back. Ordered the M3P last November and put it off until now lol.

My next one will be the cybertruck

Reactions: dkim12
All the know it all lol.

No.. in NJ there's NO TAX.

$4400 over what I paid.

Remember this. People want what they see in front of them. And Remember the sale went to ANOTHER wholesaler at that price. So retail will be even more.

Best of luck to all. I'll be back.

Ps. My friend that ran it through the auction for me? Has 15 plaids coming in already has 3 of them. 1 he is keeping for himself. Market is softening but still plenty to be made. All these storms and floods here they are giving you over msrp for ANYTHING used. With 217mi on it I got as much as you could ask for.
The orig owner paid sales tax. This is not true.
NJ pays sales tax on new purchases. Just like Arizona and many other states there is no tax on used vehicles. How you avoided to pay Sales tax on a new car remains unknown until there is actual proof. Right now posting a Manheim screen shot is not proof of profit