Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone willing to rent me their tesla for a week?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What would you consider fair for renting a $100K vehicle for one week to a stranger?
Considering Silvercar will rent an Audi that’s probably ~$40k for like $65/day or something I would think a 3 or Y would be like $125/day or something… so $800 to $900 for a Sunday to Sunday rental… obviously a bit more for a S/X, but if it was a few years old I would think maybe like $175-$200/day, so again like $1200 to $1400 for a week…

Spent 15 minutes attempting to book anything, any location, any car, no available cars. Seems like Turo is much easier to book a car, took me less than 10 seconds to find a Tesla in my area for any days I wanted. I don't think Silvercar is competitive based on this test I did just now.
Well silvercar only rents Audi's (and honestly they are switching their locations from airports to Audi dealerships, which kinda sucks) so if you're looking for a Tesla from them, you're not going to find it. However, they do tend to rent more "expensive" (not $100k, but in the $40k to maybe $50k) cars and their prices have always been really good. I've used them for years when visiting LA and have always been happy. I think normally they would run about $65/day or maybe $75/day but with my credit card that's usually more like $55/day. I've always been shocked that a week with them can be as low as like $480 after tax.

A Tesla should be more, but I feel like anything over $125/day for a Model 3/Y is kind of insane.

Well silvercar only rents Audi's so if you're looking for a Tesla from them, you're not going to find it

I wish you had read my post. I clearly said any car, any location. You quoted a comparison site and cost, I could not verify. Either you find a specific comparison like I attempted using your own time and effort, or perhaps stop using this site as a comparison.

I wish you had read my post. I clearly said any car, any location. You quoted a comparison site and cost, I could not verify. Either you find a specific comparison like I attempted using your own time and effort, or perhaps stop using this site as a comparison.
Wait, you literally couldn't find any Silvercar location that would rent a vehicle? Man, rental cars are really tight right now.

I just went off previous knowledge I have with the company (that they rent "expensive cars" and the prices they listed) and with what it has cost me in the past as well as a estimate I got for a trip I might take later this year.

Obviously specific dates and locations will change the price, supply and demand and all that stuff. Someone just posted asking how much people thought would be a fair price for a Tesla and Silvercar was about the only comparison I could think of. (Yes there are companies that will rent Lamborghini's and stuff for stupid high prices, but that's not really a good comparison for a 3/Y)

Edit: Also, thanks for the heads up, I probably should make a booking for my October trip right now and cancel if I change plans. A month ago I had no issue checking prices and availability with Silvercar but that was a little before the rental car crunch we seem to be in right now)

Wait, you literally couldn't find any Silvercar location that would rent a vehicle? Man, rental cars are really tight right now.

I just went off previous knowledge I have with the company (that they rent "expensive cars" and the prices they listed) and with what it has cost me in the past as well as a estimate I got for a trip I might take later this year.

Obviously specific dates and locations will change the price, supply and demand and all that stuff. Someone just posted asking how much people thought would be a fair price for a Tesla and Silvercar was about the only comparison I could think of. (Yes there are companies that will rent Lamborghini's and stuff for stupid high prices, but that's not really a good comparison for a 3/Y)

Edit: Also, thanks for the heads up, I probably should make a booking for my October trip right now and cancel if I change plans. A month ago I had no issue checking prices and availability with Silvercar but that was a little before the rental car crunch we seem to be in right now)
There's always U-Haul. $19.95/day!

• Funny
Reactions: ArmandRose
There's always U-Haul. $19.95/day!
From what I've heard they're also in short demand! Thankfully I just glanced at October timeframe and I have wide availability of Silvercar options in LA... I wish I could find a Tesla rental down there that wasn't Turo and would quote over the internet (and not some insane $250/day or something for a Model 3). Mainly just driving back and forth a couple times between Disneyland and Universal Studios...

From what I've heard they're also in short demand! Thankfully I just glanced at October timeframe and I have wide availability of Silvercar options in LA... I wish I could find a Tesla rental down there that wasn't Turo and would quote over the internet (and not some insane $250/day or something for a Model 3). Mainly just driving back and forth a couple times between Disneyland and Universal Studios...
Avis is walking distance from Disneyland and Universal studios. They don’t even charge extra for 1 way rentals within the LA region. While I love driving my Tesla, an ICE isn’t the end of the world or is it???

Avis is walking distance from Disneyland and Universal studios. They don’t even charge extra for 1 way rentals within the LA region. While I love driving my Tesla, an ICE isn’t the end of the world or is it???
Not at all. I just enjoy the Tesla more and I really really enjoy the nav system. I don't know why others can be so confusing. It took me like four years of renting an Audi (only once a year though) to realize with the nav system they list upcoming exits from like the bottom up... I can't tell you how many times I missed an exit or was surprised by one because I was reading the system backwards...

I like to rent a car that has decent pick up and go when dealing with freeway traffic and stuff. I don't need a flashy car, but something with some decent power and built in nav, I don't like dealing with my phone or some addon hanging off the windshield.