Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone with experience on wait time for these parts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone side swiped the drivers side rear bumper of my Model 3 while I was parked. Most of the damage is cosmetic and can be repaired, but apparently there are $202 of replacement parts needed: the outer side and outer left rear parking sensor, and a bracket for the bumper. The rest is all cosmetic.

I thought maybe the accumulated experience of others in this forum might give me some idea of my wait time on these specific parts. Tesla provides no information on wait time, but surely not all wait times are created equal? I've read some of the wait time horror stories, but I'm still hopefully optimistic and incredulous that $202 for 3 parts is going to hold me up for six months. Is this really the case? Holy Cow!

The body shop has a sterling reputation here in Denver. But they told me they have 22 Tesla's waiting for parts!

Attachments

• Tesla Damage 1.jpeg
    Tesla Damage 1.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 71
Someone side swiped the drivers side rear bumper of my Model 3 while I was parked. Most of the damage is cosmetic and can be repaired, but apparently there are $202 of replacement parts needed: the outer side and outer left rear parking sensor, and a bracket for the bumper. The rest is all cosmetic.

I thought maybe the accumulated experience of others in this forum might give me some idea of my wait time on these specific parts. Tesla provides no information on wait time, but surely not all wait times are created equal? I've read some of the wait time horror stories, but I'm still hopefully optimistic and incredulous that $202 for 3 parts is going to hold me up for six months. Is this really the case? Holy Cow!

The body shop has a sterling reputation here in Denver. But they told me they have 22 Tesla's waiting for parts!
Why not save some dough and order used parts off of eBay? There are plenty of wrecked Model 3 out there with the parts you need.

Good chance you can get it fixed within a week of dropping the car off if you're going through Tesla owned body shop. 3rd party Tesla approved shops seem to take longer to receive Tesla parts. The Tesla shops themselves has started to keep the fascias on-site for quick repairs.

I had my rear fascia, body panel, and some additional repairs done < 9 days total with 15 cars ahead of me 3 days into the work.