Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 2 Best Days In a Plaid Owner’s Life

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just like a boat.…..the day I bought my Plaid, and the day…..well you know how it goes.

I sold my Plaid to Carvana. Wrote them a check for $27,000 because I paid $128k for it new just over two years ago, and now it’s only worth $53,000. Tesla depreciation.

I LOVED the Plaid, when it wasn’t in the shop, for many reasons. The performance, the styling, the minimalism and sleeper look, the buying process.

I couldn’t take another day of it being in the shop. Wondering if there would be a loaner available. Wondering if it will sit untouched in their lot for weeks waiting for parts. I couldn’t spend another week wondering when and which tire would have the tread separate next, hoping it would happen at home and not when it’s parked at the airport. Oh the week long wait for a replacement tire that is never in stock for that size. That’s good stuff.

N2itive rear arms were going to solve the tire issue, but every time I had to bring my car in for service (which was often), I had to pay $500 to have the arms removed or Tesla wouldn’t touch the car. Then I had to pay $500 to have the arms put back on after Tesla was done not really fixing the problem the car was in the shop for.

The jarring suspension that kept having links break or loosen. The placebo Sport and Comfort modes. The horn. Love when someone about side swipes me while they are texting and I furiously smack the airbag hoping they hear it. The center horn is coming. Let’s all check the part number of our recalled airbags to see if it has the coveted switch under it that will never come. At least there aren’t any of those pesky turn signal stalks that only get In the way when you are trying to make a turn. Roundabouts turn into IQ tests while you try to teach your brain to determine which arrow to press based on how many revolutions you have made with the yoke. Oh the yoke. I had them replace that for free so at least I could parallel park or do a three-point U-turn without running into a curb.

I will miss the one attribute Tesla did right. The superchargers. Well, starting this year my new Mercedes will be charging at those same Superchargers so I guess I won’t be missing it for long.

I‘m done with the Elon lies of Steam coming for my Plaid. 200mph. Rear seat gaming, movies, etc.

I’m done with Tesla.

That felt good. Therapeutic. Putting this on the Tesla forum should be fun. << GRENADE!! >>

I’ll go heat up some popcorn.
screenshot-www.tesla.com-2024.01.31-22_42_47.png

Vroom wouldn’t buy it. KBB wouldn’t buy it. I think they are scared of the depreciation unknown. Same reason Hertz is selling the bulk of their Teslas. The depreciation is killing their balance sheet. Carvana is the only one who made me an offer. It is shocking. I have never owned a car that depreciated that quick.

Reactions: BlindPass
Vroom wouldn’t buy it. KBB wouldn’t buy it. I think they are scared of the depreciation unknown. Same reason Hertz is selling the bulk of their Teslas. The depreciation is killing their balance sheet. Carvana is the only one who made me an offer. It is shocking. I have never owned a car that depreciated that quick.
Miles? Any damage? I assume you didn't have FSD?

I love my plaid thats the fun of being human ! You like what you like for your own reasons. I haven't had any major issues past 2 years i dont need to play any games in my car i have 19s and 20s . Never had any tire issues. Comfort and sport are way different especially body roll its night and day for me. Only thing that will get me out of this car would be plaid + or roadster

I love my plaid thats the fun of being human ! You like what you like for your own reasons. I haven't had any major issues past 2 years i dont need to play any games in my car i have 19s and 20s . Never had any tire issues. Comfort and sport are way different especially body roll its night and day for me. Only thing that will get me out of this car would be plaid + or roadster
I think some of those earlier Ss were just made poorly (mine included). My 2022 has been pretty much trouble free. I had a squeaky seat that was resolved in service, and one of my HVAC fans is a bit loud (but has since stopped doing that, too).

So, uh, yeah? Those that might remember my cursed 2021 will be happy to hear that my June, 2022 car has been as close to flawless as I can imagine, really. But the bad cars, - boy are they bad.