Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyway to lift roadster without adaptor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't get this lift point kit. is there any other way ?

WechatIMG28155.jpeg

do not allow anyone to pick up your roadster on a four point lift except Tesla Service center as the rear battery is over 900lb can risk sliding off the back of the lift which is the reasoning for this item.

You can lift the car one side at a time with a standard jack; both front and rear tires will lift at the same time. The jack stickers are instructed in your manual and underneath the car in Blue round stickers; the one you should use is under driver and passenger door.

The other jack positions are by the front wheels which only jacks the front up. You don't even need jack stands; just do one side at a time.

IMG_7769.JPG
IMG_7720.JPG

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: dhrivnak
Years ago a member posted how to make the adapters on this BB. Maybe 2013 or 2014.

EDIT - I found the link from 2014..... Simplified Roadster Lift Adapters

Why do you need to lift your car?

Can you find someone with a pit that you can drive over, like an oil change pit?

There are lifts that can be driven onto instead of using the cars' liftpoints. Can you find one of them?

Last edited:
I had found a person on the forum who was making replacements for the Tesla lift adapters, and I purchased a pair 2 or 3 years ago. I look to see if I can still find the place that made and sold them, if you're interested.

I had found a person on the forum who was making replacements for the Tesla lift adapters, and I purchased a pair 2 or 3 years ago. I look to see if I can still find the place that made and sold them, if you're interested.

The link I posted shows how to lift without adapters, with adapters, two sources for purchasing adapters, and even how to make adapters.

It also shows why you must use certain lift points.

You need to read all four pages as certain links that died were reposted later on for dimensions of the adapters.

I think that should cover everything you need.

Best of Luck,

T

• Helpful
Reactions: dhrivnak
do not allow anyone to pick up your roadster on a four point lift except Tesla Service center as the rear battery is over 900lb can risk sliding off the back of the lift which is the reasoning for this item.

You can lift the car one side at a time with a standard jack; both front and rear tires will lift at the same time. The jack stickers are instructed in your manual and underneath the car in Blue round stickers; the one you should use is under driver and passenger door.

The other jack positions are by the front wheels which only jacks the front up. You don't even need jack stands; just do one side at a time.

View attachment 531926 View attachment 531927
That guy seems very proffesional

• Love
Reactions: jason.tv