Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP on latest software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

davidmc

May 20, 2019
Leicester
Not seen it posted or anyone else mention it

Latest 44.15 version (It did do this before on the previous software release, but only once)

Time of drive around 6am, Dark, cold, wet roads but no rain (did not need to use my wind screen wipers).

My AP this morning felt like it had a heavy drinking session the night before. It also cut off 3 times on my 40mile commute to work, mainly on the M1 J21 to 25.

It was bouncing down the lane when engaged. It also cut off AP 3 times, even tho there were street/motorway lights on the M1 and very clear.

It seemed to be triggered by the orange motorway lights (sodium ones). But did work with the newer white LED motorway lights or no lights at all.

It was very strange as AP has been rock solid for over a year for me (apart from the Phantom break bit). Even in heavy downpours or thickish fog it would remain locked in.

I haven't had any issues with this update so far, but i noticed some people on twitter (in the US) have complained about AutoPilot issues with this update - some calling it the worst update ever lol. I believe there is a 44.16 version out which fixes the issues, although i haven't got this yet.

Reactions: davidmc
Not seen it posted or anyone else mention it

Latest 44.15 version (It did do this before on the previous software release, but only once)

Time of drive around 6am, Dark, cold, wet roads but no rain (did not need to use my wind screen wipers).

My AP this morning felt like it had a heavy drinking session the night before. It also cut off 3 times on my 40mile commute to work, mainly on the M1 J21 to 25.

It was bouncing down the lane when engaged. It also cut off AP 3 times, even tho there were street/motorway lights on the M1 and very clear.

It seemed to be triggered by the orange motorway lights (sodium ones). But did work with the newer white LED motorway lights or no lights at all.

It was very strange as AP has been rock solid for over a year for me (apart from the Phantom break bit). Even in heavy downpours or thickish fog it would remain locked in.
I agree. Commented on the bouncing in lane issue few days ago in the 2020.44.x thread. Also witnessed AP disconnections for unknown reasons. Definitely a step backwards
[UK] 2020.44.x

AP is notably worse in 2020.44.15. Seems to be hogging the right hand side of the lane with instances of ‘hunting’/bouncing within the lane.

Minor phantom braking also witnessed in unusual situations.

A change has been introduced somewhere.

Observation over a 300 mile drive at night. (Frequently carry this out so have a good baseline to compare against)

Reactions: davidmc