Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 Auto High Beam Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Racerx22b

@unplggdd on Instagram
Nov 17, 2014
West Palm Beach, FL
Is anyone experiencing this? It has been doing it for a few weeks. Not sure if it corresponded with the previous update or not. I figured it would have been fixed with the most recent update (the one with the driver profiles linked to your key fob) but it still doesn't work.

Sorry if I missed this in a previous post. Any info would be appreciated.

I've done a few reboots of both screens and the option is highlighted in blue.

Jason

Just the basics... the stalk is pushed forward correct?

To be clear... The high beams do work... If I push the stalk forward (manually). However, with the stalk in "normal" position and auto high beam setting ON the high beams don't turn on automatically like they used too.

Oh wait... Does the stalk have to be forward for this to work? My wife must've moved it to the normal position and I didn't realize it.

So if that is correct and you have the high beams on and auto high beam set to on the high beams will only come on when the sensor detects no oncoming traffic?

Reactions: ModelX
Yup. You have to put the stalk into the high beam position for the automatic function.
Otherwise you would not be able to turn off high beams when you wanted to.
Might be better to think of it as "automatic dimming" rather than as a feature that turns them on automatically.

I have an AP2 car and auto headlights weren't enabled until I received 2.48.202 on 12/17. The car will turn the headlights on/off based on outdoor lighting conditions (buggy but that's another story) but I don't think that auto bright/low works right now. I haven't tried to keep the stalk in the high position full time to test this out so thanks for the tip. I will try this evening but I'm not expecting this feature to work at this time.

I had accidentally also put my stalk in the normal position and then wondered why my auto high beams weren't working with the last update! Good thing we have the forums and tesla family to help us out!;)