Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 autosteer and autoPark

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if autosteer work on tesla model X 2016 with hardware1 produrion date march 2016?

What software version is required?

I only see the cruise control being activated with double pull on the stock

Then u don’t have AP enabled you only have TACC;)... autosteer will work provides you have feature enabled :eek:

Reactions: forkee
I bought it with Autopilot, what else is needed to be paid? Enhance autopilot?

If you don’t see the auto steer option in the menu the software is not activated ..you may have the hardware (AP1) but software needs enabling ..not sure what they call feature now on AP1 but best is call Tesla direct they can tell you how much to activate

Reactions: forkee
I bought it with Autopilot, what else is needed to be paid? Enhance autopilot?

EAP refers to AP2 and above which uses the extra cameras and sensors.

Where did you purchase it from? Tesla unlocks "Autopilot with convenience features" for all of their used inventory vehicles made before 10/16. This enables lane keep assist, lane change assist, traffic aware cruise control, summon, autopark. Other dealers may try to mask their cars that don't have the software unlocked by saying it has "autopilot hardware", but that's a duh since all X's do.

We bought our first used X (90D) from a Maserati dealership. It's not that they masked it (they never specified), we were just naive to think it was unlocked and never thought to ask. Needless to say, we were bummed to find out it wasn't activated. There is no option to purchase from online account page. Service center said it is 3k to unlock. When we got our second X (P90DL) through Tesla, everything was unlocked; AP1, PUP, ludicrous. Out the door it was 3k more than the first one, so...not a bad deal. Came with their 4 year warranty, too.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Hi, I bought it used from Tesla directly. It is a 2016 Model X with HW1. All there Teslas with the HW1 installed came with "AutoPilot with Convenience" in the product listing. The one I bought the software was not enable for AutoSteer (Lane Keep), dynamic cruise, etc. I was able to proceed to setup an appointment for service, but did not have to go into the Service Center. At first, the service Rep didnt understand or know that on used car purchase with the Autopilot was included. He cancelled my appointment and asked me to contact the Sales Rep instead. He said I needed to pay extra. After sorting out with the Sales Rep, the Service Rep then just updated the software over the air and now I have Autopilot features of HW1.

Hope that helps!

• Love
Reactions: GWord and P85_DA
Hmmm based on this thread I’m wondering if I have something disabled.

I am able to turn on active cruise control but the auto steer is not activating. At first I was thinking I’m not doing something. The steering wheel icon comes and goes depending on the lane consistency.

is there a separate switch or control to turn on? In the screens I show Auto Steer Beta as activated.

I am able to turn on active cruise control but the auto steer is not activating. At first I was thinking I’m not doing something. The steering wheel icon comes and goes depending on the lane consistency.

is there a separate switch or control to turn on? In the screens I show Auto Steer Beta as activated.

Are you double tapping on the AP stalk?

Reactions: eXalentEV

Pull the stalk twice in succession when the gray steering wheel icon is showing. The icon should turn blue if you have the feature enabled.

Reactions: eXalentEV