Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 MS 85 2015 software updates sucks!! Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Elon Musk if you ever read discussion here,....

Why is the MS 85 AP1 not only capt from 81kW new capacity too 73kW and useable capacity off 68kW? Before update the software to 2019.4.2 I had 74kW useable capacity and SuperChargers average speed off 100+ kW and dropped too 87kW average.

Now after the software update to 2020.12.5 The average SuperChager speed is now only 47kW and starts @ 90kW......

the only way too speed it up is by set the SuperCharger as destination so the battery will be heating by HV and so far not by rest heat off the stator.
Regeneration is also capt by average the first 50 km’s and a max 50kW. Why??? Only too stretched it for warranty time?

Please is it possible too change the following things:

- faster and higher regeneration

- faster lane changes in EU

- higher average kW SuperCharge speed. It’s terrible too charge from 10/20% to 80% 50/60 minutes instead of 30 minutes!!!!

- AP1 will not always adopt the right speed limits and it need earlier too decrease the speed. Now it needs 200/300 meter after speed limit signal.

- AP1 is it possible too recognize stoplights??

why isn’t there any information about the changes in the Software update like Apple? There is only information after installation!!.....
The AVG / GDPR give us the rights too know changes before the installation updates.

Why is the MS 85 AP1 not only capt from 81kW new capacity too 73kW and useable capacity off 68kW? Before update the software to 2019.4.2 I had 74kW useable capacity and SuperChargers average speed off 100+ kW and dropped too 87kW average.

Now after the software update to 2020.12.5 The average SuperChager speed is now only 47kW and starts @ 90kW......

the only way too speed it up is by set the SuperCharger as destination so the battery will be heating by HV and so far not by rest heat off the stator.
Regeneration is also capt by average the first 50 km’s and a max 50kW. Why??? Only too stretched it for warranty time?

- higher average kW SuperCharge speed. It’s terrible too charge from 10/20% to 80% 50/60 minutes instead of 30 minutes!!!!

- AP1 will not always adopt the right speed limits and it need earlier too decrease the speed. Now it needs 200/300 meter after speed limit signal.

why isn’t there any information about the changes in the Software update like Apple? There is only information after installation!!.....
The AVG / GDPR give us the rights too know changes before the installation updates.
*Capped

I got another weird thing from the most recent software update: my climate control set the heat in the car (2016 S 90D) up to 90 degrees (F) for no known reason; also, the following day my dashboard went black--not the big screen, but the dash display of speed, etc. Has anyone had a similar experience, and if so, what did you do about it?

My 2017 Model S 85D behaves the same and it is very annoying. :(
Lowering the maximum charge feels almost like theft, yet Tesla seems to think it is a normal things to do.

This week's update on my Model 3 left me with no speedometer. The center display simply shows D where the speed limit used to be. Normally it starts with a D and swaps to my speed once I start moving. In addition, my display starts out black now, turning on once I hit the brakes after I've been moving. I did a restart (power down and back up) yesterday with no change. My steering wheel position also was changed, or maybe it was just that after I exited, it didn't return to my driving position, unclear.

But I don't like it. And I can't seem to fix it. Hoping for an actual working update instead of this broken one.
rm

After shutting down and restarting my Model 3 with no benefit, I tried re-starting the display.

The speedometer began working again. I thought that by restarting the whole car, the display would be restarted as well. But apparently Tesla didn't do it this way. Anyway, it now works.
rm