Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App is getting 500 server error. Cant connect.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purely an observation - nothing negative intended at all (and I apologize if it comes across negatively at all)

I thought it was interesting too, actually (as an observation, just like you said). With that being said, I know this site (TMC) has "tons" of lurkers, who read but dont even have an account, or if they do, never post, until there is some issue that is impacting them they want to discuss.

Nothing wrong with that at all, not implying there is, just its interesting how this specific issue attracted that kind of attention.

For the newer people asking "does this happen often?" While I have seen glitches since I got my model 3 in 2018, not very many, and none at all this long, so I would say that this is quite rare as for length of time.

Usually, this would be over before people had a chance to get annoyed enough about it to create an account and post about it.

Reactions: Kevy Baby
I thought it was interesting too, actually (as an observation, just like you said). With that being said, I know this site (TMC) has "tons" of lurkers, who read but dont even have an account, or if they do, never post, until there is some issue that is impacting them they want to discuss.

Nothing wrong with that at all, not implying there is, just its interesting how this specific issue attracted that kind of attention.

For the newer people asking "does this happen often?" While I have seen glitches since I got my model 3 in 2018, not very many, and none at all this long, so I would say that this is quite rare as for length of time.

Usually, this would be over before people had a chance to get annoyed enough about it to create an account and post about it.
I stumbled across the forum Google searching for info on the app error message and looks very useful so created an account.

Am confused, I got the error but when I went out to my car in my garage the app still locked then unlocked the doors, I got in tapped the brake pedal and the car turned on. Isn’t the phone connected via Bluetooth? I have a Model Y
Connecting to car and starting it uses phone's Bluetooth and does not require Tesla servers to pass through. While the app still can't access the car remotely though.

I stumbled across the forum Google searching for info on the app error message and looks very useful so created an account.

Welcome to TMC! its a pretty darn large site. There is even a subforum specifically for the UK and Ireland, if you are interested:

Reactions: Kevy Baby